Thread: Recovery failed stating error factory reset was not found in hp pavilion dv6

Recovery failed stating error factory reset was not found in hp pavilion dv6

I’m having the hp pavilion dv6 few days back I had changed my hard disk from the basic to the dynamic partition and after that I had deleted the partition and then I had installed the ubuntu11.04 and made the partition by making use of Linux installer and after that I was not able to use the windows 7 operating system. Well I was not able to do the recovery from it so I had bought a new recovery disk and from that I had run the installer but the recovery had being failed and when I click on the detail it shows that the factory reset had not being found. Please me regarding this.

re: Recovery failed stating error factory reset was not found in hp pavilion dv6

It’s not a big deal you must try to create the bootable cd from the hp site and after creating the cd insert it in the notebook and then restart the system and then wait until you see the green check mark on the windows and after that remove the cd and then shutdown the notebook and then start it again and then insert the disk again and then restart the note book again and then follow the step for installing the operating system.

re: Recovery failed stating error factory reset was not found in hp pavilion dv6

To create the recovery disk just download the sp44645.exe file form the internet and for this you must be login as an admin and then install the update. And make sure you are using this only with the recovery disk which you had got from the hp. If you are not able to create the bootable disk then you must make a use set of recovery disk which was send by the hp and then install the software in the new hard drive.

Well I had tried to wipe out whole hard drive and then reinstall the operating system. I had also download and install the kill disk which you will easily got it from the net and even the imgburn. After that just go to kill disk application and install all the programs and then open the main folder and then select the bootable disk creators and from there you just need to select the bootable dos cd creator which will going to burn the bootable iso in the blank cd.

I’m sure after creating the disk from the bootable dos cd creator you won’t get any sort of warning and the recovery disk will be going to reformat your hard disk. And after that just insert the cd from which you were not able to load the operating system and then shut down the notebook and then start the system again and then boot the system from the killdisk cd and just follow the instruction. And then wipe the whole hard disk and when then restart the process after it get completed remove the cd and then insert the hp recovery disk and then shut down the system and restart the system and then install the operating system again.

Re: Recovery failed stating error factory reset was not found in hp pavilion dv6

If you still persist with the problem after following that step then I’m sure there might be the problem with the recovery disk which is not compatible with your notebook. Well just check your product number and even the serial number from the bios and then match it with the label on the base of your notebook. Hope this help you al lot to get rid from your problem and if your problem still persist then you must contact to the hp technical support hope they help you.