Thread: Video card fail in HP Pavilion DV9000

Video card fail in HP Pavilion DV9000

I had bought a HP Pavilion DV9000 three years back and I was having the problem with the video card which was not much serious but now few days back my video card failed. I had called the hp technical support but I dint get any help. Well can anyone suggest me how much it cost to replace it. Is anyone having the same problem with the DV9000 and is it worth to replace it. Please suggest me regarding this.

Re: Video card fail in HP Pavilion DV9000

First doing that you must identify your system for that just look at the rare side of the note book on the barcode sticker. The barcode on the hp product is usually different but it has the important information which will help you to know which card you need and it will also help to determine the integrated video or it might be having the mini pci express video card. Well you must consider replacing the notebook with the new one.

I’m having the same laptop with windows vista home edition installed in it and I think it’s really a reliable pc. Well I don’t load much data as I’m having an hp expansion case with an external drive. Well when I had spoke with the technical support and they told me to do few test which is having the flash light to see if the video is displayed and after that I had shutdown and restart the pc and I had never heard the beep when the windows turn on and they say that it’s an sign for the video card failure.

I had also called to the hp head office. Well I’m having the recall which is about the 18 months old. Well hp was aware about the gpu. And I think this is the common problem of black screen and the system doesn’t boot up. I had even tried to do the hard reset but it doesn’t help me out. Well I had tried to connect the external display to the notebook to see whether it is intended on the onboard video but still I was facing the same problem.

Try to update the video drivers and even check the display by connecting it to the external monitor and check if you the system is working or no. try to boot up the pc in save mode and if it doesn’t work then do a hard reset and check if it is working or no. if no then contact to the hp technical support and I’m sure this is an hardware issue and you need to replace it for getting the things work smoothly. Hope this information helps you a lot.