Thread: No sound in videos, running Vista Home Premium 64bit in Pavilion dv6 1053cl

No sound in videos, running Vista Home Premium 64bit in Pavilion dv6 1053cl

Hi, I have a problem in my pavilion dv6 1053cl, as whenever I play the videos, no sounds appears, but if I play the audio files, no problems occurs, isn’t it a very awful problem? Is there any body who has the same problem in there machine? is this happening because of the drivers or because of the operating system that I am using? Because this wasn’t happened ever before, just started suddenly I would say.

Re: No sound in videos, running Vista Home Premium 64bit in Pavilion dv6 1053cl

Yeah I would say you have got the right thing that this might be because of the either operating system or because of the driver that you are using in your machine. so first of all you should check that the driver that you are using is working perfectly, and then you can carry on towards the operating system, but first of all uninstall the driver that you have and reinstall it again in your machine, and whether this is happening again or not.

I think the driver that you are using is not compatible with the operating system that you are using, so you should not install the one that you have rather you should try to get the latest driver from the machine that you have, and then see whether this is happening or not. When I was having this problem I have checked the solution on the windows website and from there I got two update for the sound, after installing them I was getting the sound without any problem.

As you have mentioned that the sound only comes up with the audio tracks not the video, then it might be possible that the video that you have, has the problem, because if there is the problem in the videos only, then whatever you do that’s either driver update or anything won’t going to help you, rather you should get that file again from another location apart from the one from where you have gotten that before. Or you can have another option as if you are getting the problems again and again even after installing the driver you can try to contact to HP’s support center.

If you are getting the error in the video that is stored in your machine, that means there is the problem in the videos itself as the above user mentioned but if suppose there is problem while you see the videos on the internet, and doesn’t get the sound that means you have problem in the flash plugging for sure, you should try to install the latest flash player to watch the videos on the machine, otherwise you’ll still continue to have this error, until you install it.