Thread: No Audio after installing windows 7 on HP Pavilion dv9910

No Audio after installing windows 7 on HP Pavilion dv9910

Hi, I have a HP Pavilion dv9700 and dv9910us running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 which is actually upgraded from the windows XP, and all the things were working perfectly while I was having windows XP, but since I have installed windows 7 on my machine I have started getting errors as the most irritated was regarding the audio, I when I seen in the device manager, it was written like no audio device found in the machine though I have already connected. So what will be the problem, any one have any idea? Thank for any suggestion.

Re: No Audio after installing windows 7 on HP Pavilion dv9910

Yeah this is the basic problem in the operating system that you have installed but nothing in your laptop, so no need to worry about, as let me tell you that the windows 7 uses its own driver for playing the audio files, and sometimes that might not be compatible with the machine that we are using, so at that time you need to install the driver that you have gotten with your laptop. And see whether the same thing is happening or not.

If you don’t have any such driver that you have gotten with the laptop, you can simply search the appropriate driver on the internet as well, and ensure before downloading that driver that whatever you are downloading is latest one, and no need to roam here and there just visit the HP’s official website and select the model that you have and you’ll get all the drivers related to your laptop and among them you can simply download it.

See this might be possible that you are not able to get the sound because you have upgraded the windows, so even if you get the same problem after installing the proper driver also, you can have option to install the windows again in your machine, rather than upgrading it is always better to clean install the fresh copy of the windows in the machine. I was also having the same problem since I have upgraded but after installing the fresh Operating system it was resolved.

I have try to installed another driver to the machine, but when I open the device manager it was not listing up device, thus I was getting the error as unable to install the driver : no audio device found. So I am not getting why the hell this is happening, because if this is just a software error then it should be solved as I try to installed the new driver in the machine. any idea what is happening?

I think your sound card is not working perfectly, you should test that also, but before that let me suggest you that Click on your audio device that you’ll get in the device manager, then click on update driver, after clicking that the windows will start searching the driver on the internet, and as it get the driver it will download it to the machine and will install automatically, but If you are still getting the problem so the best way would be to contact the HP support center.