Thread: Getting Purple tint while using HP ENVY 15 PC webcam in low light

Getting Purple tint while using HP ENVY 15 PC webcam in low light

I’m having a HP ENVY NOTEBOOK everything is working fine but the things is whenever I’m trying to use the cam in the low light condition I’m getting the purple shade tint. Well according to my knowledge the ENVY 15 Series laptop webcam is having the night vision and had being designed for operating in the zero light condition. Does anyone know the reason fro this problem and how to do the setting for it? Please help me regarding this problem.

Re: Getting Purple tint while using HP ENVY 15 PC webcam in low light

Well as far I know the webcam night vision feature most probably include the infrared light which usually located on each side of the webcam and in the zero light condition the infrared usually get activated and those infrared light usually provide an illumination fro the zero light condition and which in turn help to prevent the fizzy image which is usually associated with the operating of webcam in standard and the low light condition.

Maybe at few level the purple light is usually available under the low light condition will and there might be due to infrared light which will going to eliminated after turning off the webcam infrared light well to do this you just need to go to all programs from start and then in that go to HP MEDIA SMART following through the hp. And in that select the setting and display and then click on advanced setting and from there select the camera control and in that you will going to get the low light companion just check the box and then click on apply and ok and then restart your system and then check if the problem still persist.

Well this not really fix the problem but It had make the image black and white as disabling the webcam infrared light which will going to cause the display the image to appear darker in the low light condition. You can even refer to the software help to get the more information regarding this. Well I if you still persist with the problem then you must contact to the hp support and they will surely going to assist you regarding you this.

I think so your problem is due to the design of the webcam and even the light. You must try to adjust the color of the temperature and even the color processing. Well the issue regarding the purple tint is due to the basic design of the webcam and even the hp had address the problem and trying to sort it out. Well even I had face the problem while using the cam with the Skype but it’s really get fixed up by the hp support within 20 minutes.

Well as far as I know this problem is due to the hardware and not with the software. Hp usually says the web cam should be use under the Florescent light which I don’t think so it’s the solution. I thought the hp would be going to solve the problem. I think they should provide the solution for short span of time. Well anyone had come up with any sort of solution regarding this then please share it or there any tutorial available to get rid from this.

I bought a new Envy 15-1270CA few months back amd I had noticed that the screen has been dimming and brightening of its own while using the webcam. Then I had made the changes in the light sensor by looking in the hp self diagnosis and I had also call the hp technical support and they had told me to do the system recovery if nothing had help you out to get rid form your problem or else take it to the nearest service center.