Thread: Unable to detect webcam on HP Envy 14 Notebook

Unable to detect webcam on HP Envy 14 Notebook

3 months before I had purchased HP Envy 14 Notebook. It is working quiet fine. I had never used the webcam. Until my friend called me to chat on Skype. I clicked on the camera button and I found that the webcam is not working. It is not turning on. I also tried testing it in Yahoo Messenger where it failed to work. I want a bit help here to enable it back again. I am not able to make any video call. Can anyone help.

Re: Unable to detect webcam on HP Envy 14 Notebook

You can try re-installing the webcam to get rid of the problem you are facing. For that you have to go in Device Manager and locate the webcam software. Just right click on that and choose uninstall. Restart your pc. Windows will detect the camera and will add it with default hardware. Then see whether it is working or not. If not then you will have to download the drivers from your laptop manufacturers website.

The webcam might have stopped working due to damage drivers. As mentioned above you can simply go ahead to install the drivers. But it is essential that after it should be detected by Skype or Yahoo messenger. If it is not then the camera is damage. You will have to carry the phone to service center. It will not work. You can try re-installing a few more time.

Before doing anything just try system restore one. This will put back the old setting. It happens that sometime we install and remove different programs. So they can cause problem to other hardware. Through system restore there are chances that the camera will start working. But remember this will wipe out any recently installing program in your pc. You will have to re-install all those things back again.