Thread: How to disable onboard graphics card on HP Pavilion p6210y

How to disable onboard graphics card on HP Pavilion p6210y

Hello I have bought the ATI Radeon 6670 graphics card and now I wanted to install into to mine HP Pavilion p6210y system. But while doing this before I need to disable the onboard graphics card on HP Pavilion p6210y. I have tried the disabling old NVIDIA integrated graphics but it is doesn’t helped me to get ride the issue. Now I don’t how to disable the onboard graphics card and so that I can install the newly purchased graphics card. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can get ride the issue.

Re: How to disable onboard graphics card on HP Pavilion p6210y

I think you need to disable the onboard graphics card through BIOS and so that I you can get ride the issue. To disable the onboard graphics card fist reboot the system. While rebooting your system press or tap the F10 to enter the BIOS screen. Once you get the BIOS screen and under that go to the advance tab and after that choose the Primary Video Adapter. Now on the Primary Video Adapter select the Slot where you have installed the new Video Card. Now once you finished all this and after that press the F10key to save the setting.

Go through the below steps and after that your able to disable onboard graphics card your system. To do these make click on the start icon on the desktop and then click on the control panel. Now on the control panel go to the system device. Now on the system device locate to the disable onboard graphics card and after that make right click on that and then select the properties. Now on the properties make check mark on the disable check box and after that uncheck mark on the exists in all hardware profiles. Now once you done and after that click on the ok and then reboot the system.

I’d like to suggest you this and after that your able to work on the new graphics card and to do this make right click on my computer and after that choose the properties. Now on the properties go to the hardware tab and under that make click on the device manger button. Now on the device manger windows go to the Display Adapters and after that expand the + symbol. Now here select the onboard graphic card and after that make right click on that and then select the Disable and finally hit the ok button.