Thread: element mp3 player not showing songs

element mp3 player not showing songs

I have an element mp3 player that takes batteries when i try and put a song on it. I get an error messages says songs do not fit on device but when i look at the mp3 player by plugging it to a computer it says no files found what could be wrong with it. I have to use a public computer to get my songs to it.
    Last edited by tmm5899; 10-07-2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: element mp3 player not showing songs

Can you try to go to "My computer" and there can you see it as a portable device / drive? If so, you can add music by "copy-paste" mp3 files in. Go online to the maker's website- look for firmware updates to download (or look for the "troubleshooting" part- you might find an answer there). Other option would to be to reformat (it will DELETE everything you had on it- but it will give you a fresh start).
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I do not own the computer i use to get the songs to my mp3 player so i can not go into my computer the computer is a public computer owned by the public library so what else can i try

Might be getting your MP3 player to a cyber café might just work for you as there you might have the access to my computers and try out the above step that I stated. OR possible you can also go to your friends place who has a computer or a laptop .

they want to charge to use the computers and i have no money any thing else i can try

Quote Originally Posted by tmm5899 View Post
    they want to charge to use the computers and i have no money any thing else i can try
    Well, you can try to reset the element mp3 player that you have, which will although delete all the songs for instance but it will also restore the mp3 player back to factory settings and then it will also start working properly. To reset it, check whether it has a pinhole somewhere, and then insert a needle in that pinhole and press the button at the bottom to reset it. After it is reset, try to transfer the songs and check if it is working or not.

i do not see where the pin hole would be let me give you a picture of what mine looks like my coby mp3 player is doing the same thing. the first picture is the element i have and the second one is the coby they ate both saying no files and can not add music to either one of them so with the pictures i thought you might be able to give me an idea where the reset hole might be
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi tmm5899,

I am afraid if there is no pinhole anywhere located on the element mp3 player then you will have to do a firmware upgrade on it so that it works properly, but you will have to connect it to a computer to do so. Follow the below steps on how to do it:

1. Enter System Setting menu.
    2. Press MODE button to enter Firmware Upgrade menu.
    3. Connect the MP3 player to PC.
    4. Run the upgrade tool “MP3 Player Update” on PC, then press “choose firmware of new version” button.
    5. Choose new firmware program (You may find it in our website:
    6. www.elementelectronics.com)
    7. Press PLAY button, the system starts upgrading.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"