Thread: Motorola sent update to Verizon so as to approve it for Droid X.

Motorola sent update to Verizon so as to approve it for Droid X.

You know I have been said that Motorola has sent an update for the Verizon Droid X for its approval. The version is .602 where .596 is the current version. If approved Verizon must see in the next two weeks. Apparently, Verizon will carefully review this release, as they put a stop to all updates to Motorola because of all the problems. If I can get the change log I'll post. So let’s hope for something good.

Re: Motorola sent update to Verizon so as to approve it for Droid X.

Thanks buddy for the update. Expect to see it fixes the cut. So hopefully the rumor is true. If I consider correctly, was first reported in July at the Forum of Droid and Droid X. You know I'm one of the fortunate ones with minimal impact on the phone actually next to none. I am a little afraid to install this update again - for fear of breaking what's working now on my phone. Thus I suggest not update

You are precisely right; I've been observing the issues and expect that is true. For me, the video camera is the big problem in my DX. I have not had a reboot in about a week, so I'm happy with GB. I hope Verizon software checks this time. My Droid X crashes after gingerbread all the time especially when I hear music when I get a text message. I did factory default thrice. Now co-workers with iPhones are continuously making jokes.

I am very sad that the update is not ready yet. Well, that's really disappointing. I prefer to wait, however, and have a good build what you get immediately and you mess it up even more. While iFruit colleagues are doing their jokes, I ask you please pull your battery out for a quick replacement. Or to make a quick throw MicroSD card to replace a card bigger / faster or class to true multi-tasking.

I determined to stay with Verizon and try the DX without jumping to AT & T and get an iPhone. From day one, it’s not possible for me to get the phone entirely operational without one trouble or another on the way: not retrieve mail, restart on their own time on and sat there, the icon of new email, phone restarts after switching off, no contact LED, etc, were not the difficulties caused by third party applications, as a matter of fact, are encouraged to use K-9 Mail to try to solve the problems of email.

I even tried GB iPhone from BS which was the last straw. And while it cannot remove the battery or remove the 32 GB memory I have, actually have a fully functioning phone-Pull-mail, with no failing, is left out when you close it, life is damn good, and I you can choose to install the new upgrade. In my opinion Motorola has led to these problems themselves, and they are losing customers like me as a result. I realize that the screen name "Dansiphone" has the same ring to it, but do not pretend that the emperor has no clothes.

There are a large number of owners of DX that had never been reported problems with the DX, both mine included. This is not to dismiss the problems that you and others have said. As for gingerbread, I have not really had any problems induced OS that some have reported, but there were some changes that I personally would like to have just left well enough alone. Well we have to wait and there is no other option.