Thread: Does GPS works on Motorola Droid X in Airplane mode

Does GPS works on Motorola Droid X in Airplane mode

Hey guys I recently started using Motorola Droid X mobile phone. I am a bit new to the following mobile phone so I don’t possess much information regarding the same. So I will really appreciate if someone help me clearing my doubts. Any kind of help and suggestions will be appreciated. So, I wanted to know whether it is possible of me to make my GPS work when I am in the Airplane mod. I wanted to use the GPS while I am travelling. So if anyone has got any suggestion regarding the topic then please post your quality suggestions.

Re: Does GPS works on Motorola Droid X in Airplane mode

You might have got the manuals or the user guide to use the Motorola Droid X mobile phone when you had purchased the cellphone. The guide and the manual will be along with the accessories which came along with the device. Once you have found the same, what you need to do is, read the following and check out for the proper help from the guide. You will be provide with all the helps by which you can customize different settings in your Droid X mobile phone.

You should most probably search for the same on the official website of Motorola. Usually the feature might be mentioned along with the notification of your Motorola Droid X mobile phone. So, read on the specifications and the features that the mobile support and find out whether you will be able to use the GPS service in your mobile phone when you have selected the flight mode in your mobile phone. You can even get online manual or user guide for your device.

As far as I know, it is merely impossible to use GPS service when you have selected Flight mode in your mobile phone. Activating the flight mode disables all the networks which are connecting your mobile phone with other users. So most probably, you won’t be able to use the GPS service while you are in the Flight mode in your Motorola Droid X mobile phone. So make sure that whenever you are planning to use the GPS service, you have not activated the flight mode in your mobile phone.

I will recommend you to visit the Nearest Motorola Store in your area and get the necessary information regarding the same topic for the officials which are available in the Motorola Store. They will be having the most appropriate answer for asked query. Or else you can even contact the Motorola officials through the email address and the contact number which is provided at the official website of Motorola. You can find the contact details at the Contact us link of the Motorola website.

Dude, there is no possible way to use any of your Radios and GPS service in your mobile phone, once you have enabled the Airplane mode in your Motorola Droid X mobile phone. You will be able to use the GPS only after you disable the Flight mode. This is same as it was before with other devices. Anyways if you wish to use the GPS, you need to disable Airplane mode from your Motorola Droid X Smartphone. But you will be able to look upon the locations which were already downloaded and installed in your system

Thanks for quick replies. I was kind of hoping that I would be able to switch on the GPS while I was in the Flight mode. Actually I was planning to use the Navigation when I was travelling or when I am on a road trip with my friends and family. But it seems like it won’t be possible at the moment. Anyways thank you everyone for showing your interest in solving my clearing my doubt about the accessibility of GPS service when in flight mode. I hope there is some work around or any other method to make the thing possible.