Thread: Cannot receive messages from specific number in motorola droid

Cannot receive messages from specific number in motorola droid

I have Motorola Droid mobile phone and I am using Android 2.1 in my Motorola droid. From last few days I am facing one problem with messages, now I cannot receive messages in mobile from specific contacts. I mean to say whenever my sister sends me any messages at that time I cannot receive message from her number. I don’t know how to fix this issue. Is there anyone who is facing similar issue then please help me out.

Re: Cannot receive messages from specific number in motorola droid

First you have to check that you are facing this message problem with your sister’s number only or you are facing this problem with any other number also. If you are facing this problem with your sister’s number only then I thinks there might be something wrong with your sister’s mobile phone also and if you are facing this issue with some other contacts also then there might be something wrong with your Motorola droid.

I would like to tell you that you can solve this issue by trying this solution. First you have to take the backup of all the contacts from your Motorola droid and you have to also move all the contacts from your SIM card to your phone and take the backup of those contacts also. Now after doing that you have to delete all the conatus from your mobile and after that restart the mobile and then restore all the contacts in your mobile again. Now after doing that your problem might get solved.

If you are not able to solve this problem in your Motorola droid then I think you should try to solve this problem by doing factory reset in your mobile phone. If you want to factory reset in your Motorola droid then you have to first go the menu and after that select settings. Now after selecting the stetting option you have to click on the Factory data reset after going in to the privacy option and then you will get the option for the reset phone. Now click on that and your mobile will get reset.

This type of problem also occurs if you are using any applications in your mobile related to phone contacts or messages. if you are using any such application then first you should try to solve this issue by removing those application from your mobile and after removing that you will not get any issue with your mobile, you have to also try to insert your SIM card in other mobile and after that check whether you are getting the message from all the contacts or not. I think this trick will let you know about exact problem.

I removed my contacts from my Motorola droid and after that I have restore it again in my mobile but after doing that also I was still getting the same problem. Now after that I have tried to solve this issue by doing hard reset and soft reset in my mobile but that trick also gives me the same issue. When I have inserted my SIM card in other mobile at that time I was able to receive messages from all the contacts. Now please tell me how to get rid of this issue.

If you are not able to fix this issue by trying above solution then I will recommend you to update your mobile software and after that you will be able to receive messages from all the contacts in your mobile. If your mobile is in under warranty then I will suggest you to contact the service center of your mobile company and after that you have to ask for the solution regarding your problem.