Thread: Battery drains after upgrading to android 2.2 in motorola droid

Battery drains after upgrading to android 2.2 in motorola droid

I don’t know if you all must be having this same problem or not? But one thing that I need to ask it with you all is that now after having upgraded to android 2.2 operating system in my Motorola droid. My battery life is continuously draining. I don’t know the same was not the problem with the android 2.1. os that’s why I am expecting some help from you all regarding this problem. So please do suggest me something on this and hence what should I do to remove such kind of problem. Please do suggest me something on the same and reply accordingly over here. I am waiting for the help.

Re: Battery drains after upgrading to android 2.2 in motorola droid

See with the update you have to make sure that you need to stop syncing with some of the services such that is saves your battery and also keep one thing in your mind that stop suing unnecessary applications. Just shut them off if they are not of use for you. so that is what you need to think of over here. do some minor adjustments in the syncing as well as the applications and you can see a good improvement in the battery of the phone. that’s what I want to say over here, so do watch out for the same and let me know if the problem did get solved or not.

I want to share a particular experience with you all regarding this and hence I have choosen you all to address the same. after the android 2.2 update I had noticed that there was some problem with the Microsoft exchange server. so what I did was a factory reset of the phone. on performing that I did rei nstalled all the applications back in the phone and on checking the Microsoft exchange server what I had noticed that the frequency of the mails that were coming from the server to the phone was much increased and I think so that must be changed. The same could not be seen in the 2.1 version of the android. So that’s what I am saying here. do watch out for the same and let me know if the problem gets solved or not.

Thanks for your quick replay that you have given over here and hence appreciate your efforts for the same here. so thanks a ton for the same. so what I want to ask here is that what are the steps to reduce the frequency of the mails that are coming from the server to the mail. So do answer out for me and I am sure that you will be able to help me out of the solutions. So do suggest some steps over here. I am waiting for the appropriate reply over here.

There is nothing much to worry over here. There is a simple solution for the same. So what I want to say is that follow the steps that I have given here
    1) Open your mails.
    2) Then go to the account settings and there only you will be able to find the email frequency.
    3) Now it will be set to automatic that you need to change it and make it to adjust to the settings or the frequency that you want.
    So do the same steps that I have mentioned here and that will be of good help for you.

See even after trying out the steps that has been given here and still you are not able to get anything then do one thing go and report this problem to the Motorola people about the same issue and probably they will get the answer for you,. however of the problem persists then it is best to get the hone replaced as soon as possible over there. So that’s what I am saying here. Do look out after the same and try getting the problem solved as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot guys for all the suggestions that you have put in to solve the issue. So thanks a ton for the same I tried the 4th solution that was given here and still no solution. So that leaves me with the final option and that is to have a chat with the concerned people about the said issue. Anyways thanks a lot guys.