Thread: After a GB Soak test in Motorola Droid X I got a bug in the Text message

After a GB Soak test in Motorola Droid X I got a bug in the Text message

After upgrading the GB Soak in my Motorola Droid X, I see that the messages that I sent are not threading with the received messages from the same contact. I am unable to get rid of this bug. Has anyone else faced the same issue?

Re: After a GB Soak test in Motorola Droid X I got a bug in the Text message

I am also facing the same problem here with my Droid phone. I think it is one of the major bug. After the updates, I see that now for the same conversation there are two threads. The issues I see is that, each of the thread is only for the one of the two participants. Also I am unable to see the other person is trying to write me back unless I come out of the half thread rom the participant 1 and other half from the participant 2.

For my similar issue, I have downloaded the Handcent and the problem of the threading is been fixed. It’s not only for this, but also for the actual messaging application from the Android also has solved this threading issues fixed. So that is a nice thing but it would also be great if they solve the issue for the native text messaging application also. I think that after the Gingerbread updates, there is some problem in the default text messaging.

You can also try going into the Settings option of the phone and then select the Manage Application and then select all and then select Text Messaging from the option. From there you can try to clear the application data. If this doesn’t work, then you can try deleting the contacts and then clearing the data and then add new contact and then reboot your phone by removing the battery.

I hope that it may be the representation of the phone number of the contact person in your list of contact and the phone number that is there from the incoming text might be different. For example you can say, “(123) 111-1111” with the “111-1111” which seems to be different from both the contacts. So I think you should need to clean your contact list and add new contact to match the list much closely.

I have solved the similar issue for my Droid phone. All I made is reset my phone and then installed all the application back and then I am not getting any errors. Also I have seen that my battery life has gone up better than Froyo. I hope it didn’t make me much leap, so I think data needs to clean out for once to make it work properly. So better try to keep your phone clean from the unwanted applications.