Thread: I receive a message “Low on space - Text message memory full, cannot clear it” in my Droid

I receive a message “Low on space - Text message memory full, cannot clear it” in my Droid

I am having my Droid phone from past 1and ½ years and don’t have too many problems with it. But from past few weeks I am getting a message saying that “Low on space”. I have cleared all my cache, emails, and also some applications, also moved every possible thing on the SD card. But now also I am getting the same message that Text Message Memory is full. But this is letting to send me the emails but not the text message. Is there anything that I can try to solve this problem?

Re: I receive a message “Low on space - Text message memory full, cannot clear it” in my Droid

If you have reached to the lower limit of the internal memory in your phone, then you are required to remove some of the applications from your phone to free up your internal memory. The free internal memory available for the Droid makes the speed and the performance of the phone high. More internal memory means faster the performance of your phone will be.

Re: I receive a message “Low on space - Text message memory full, cannot clear it” in my Droid

Firstly you need to backup all the messages available in your internal memory using the SMS Backup which is the Android application on the AppBrain. With this you can backup your messages to the Gmail account or any of the account you prefer. This will make a record of these messages, in the mean time you can try to clear up some of the space by deleting some applications or other stuffs.

Just deleting the messages or clearing some of the internal memory will not work up. Even I had the same problem with my phone, the same thing I did but that didn’t work for me. Even after making up some space in the internal memory my message memory gets blink up all the time. So finally after removing some messages and freeing up the internal memory you must need to restart your phone.

It may work if you try to clear the browser cookies. This is not the exact solution to your problem but it can help you up to certain extent. You can do this by opening the browser and then go to the settings and then select the clear cookie option. This will delete all the history as well as cache of your browser. But see to it that clearing the cookie will also clear all the saved username and the passwords if any.

I think you need to update your phone. Also see there is no signature for your message that you are sending. You uncheck the signature option by going to the message application and then select the settings option and then uncheck the signature option. Also you need to clear out the sent items or outbox to free up some of the internal memory in your phone and also remove the old unwanted messages from the inbox.