Thread: Vibration notifications is Lost on Motorola Droid

Vibration notifications is Lost on Motorola Droid

I am having the Droid phone by Motorola, and yesterday I saw that my vibration has stopped on everything. All my emails, Incoming calls and even on the calendar events. I have tried everything that could be possible also tried installing the Sound Manager and Ring Toggle but was of no use. I got this thing happened after I had connected my phone to the computer through the USB cable for charging it. I think that is when I have lost the vibration abilities. Do anyone else having the same issue?

Re: Vibration notifications is Lost on Motorola Droid

Before doing anything else, just make sure that you have not turned your side-rocker down. Because, this is the most common thing that causes a problem. This will also make your vibrations off on everything. I seen many a times that the settings might get changed, but firstly you need to change the vibration to ON so that it would work on everything. This has solved problems of many people.

I think that there is only two things that can cause you such a problem. Firstly I think that if there is any suspicious software installed in your phone that would cause you such a problem that stops your vibration notifications. And the second thing is that it might be due to the hardware malfunctioning. Do you have any idea that when did you lose your vibration notifications? Also see that your side lock /unlock is in proper position.

You can try to switch off your phone and then remove the battery. After sometime, put the battery back and then start your phone and see whether it is still giving the same problem or not. If this method does not work, then I think that you need to make your phone a hard reset. Resetting your phone will lose all the data that are present. If still you find the same problem then there is surely a hardware issue.

If you have lost the vibration even from the dial pad, then you must try to run your phone in the safe mode. I hope running the phone in the safe mode will bring the vibration notification back. If you find that, it is working in the safe mode then there are definitely some applications that are causing you the problem. You can go to the safe mode by:

• First turn OFF your phone
    • Then open the slider of the phone
    • You need to press the Menu button without letting it up
    • After that turn your Droid ON while holding the menu button
    • After that you will see that a “Safe Mode” words appear in the bottom

Go to the settings and check for the Display and Sound and also the Email notification settings and see that your vibration setting is ON.

Are you using any applications like killer program? I have many a times that they may cause such a problem. I also think they are not necessary to have it. The correct working of your phone will be interrupted if you are having the app killer. They will provide you many unwanted applications and will have such a names that you won’t recognize it at all. So you need to stop this application running.