Thread: Motorola Droid X black screen when turned on

Motorola Droid X black screen when turned on

I have been using the Motorola Droid from the past several days. I didn’t get any issues in this till today. Today morning I tried to switch on the phone. The battery was drained and so I connected the power cord. It started charging in off mode. After few minutes I pressed the turn on button. It started first and then nothing except the black screen. I can see the lights on keypad but the screen is black totally. I again pull the battery out and replaced it and turned on but the thing is same.

Re: Motorola Droid X black screen when turned on

I think that you should attempt to begin it up into recovery mode.
    • Push the "x" key on top of the physical keyboard whilst pushing the power key at the equal moment.
    • While the triangle through the exclamation tip in it displays on the monitor afterward you require pushing the volume up button and the camera button at the similar moment.
    • While the system recovery crops up employ the d pad to shift the tinted words to clean data/factory reset. And afterward push the gold key on top of the d pad.

It seems that you will need technical support / repairs, you can reach that point. There is not much you can do if you cannot get a screen, you removed the battery and did a reboot and again you have a blank screen. My next step would be to bring it to a store, some representatives are the geeks, they can have an idea because of the experience with clients who may of had the same problem.

I think your phone died. To my knowledge there is no way to put the original ROM 2.1. So if you can do is iron the android 1.5 sbf with the RSDLite. That "rom" you downloaded motorola is only for U.S. phones. Because there just upgraded to 2.1 official. If you say the PC does not recognize it, even YOU CAN enter the recovery mode; the only thing to do is you can try to iron a sbf
    • Download RSD Lite
    • Download the rom
    • Connect in download mode (On + x)
    • Load and flash

I finally reflash to original rom with RSD, and again I had the 2.1. If that can help someone else with my same problem: From log files I found out later that the black screen was a kind of infinite loop at boot, I was able to associate them with the db adb shell to copy the text messages that I have recovered. Probably the same principle I could have put the flash directly recovery.img and again without going through 2.1 RSD. The contacts have been saved anyway (perhaps because it related to MOTOBLUR), I'm going to restore the right calls and have applications.

Anyone with an Android device, sooner or later incurs the necessity of having to perform a Hard Reset or restore the phone to the initial conditions. If the phone turns on, just go to Settings> Privacy> "Restore factory settings". But if our device does not start for any reason, we have to perform a reset with a key combination
    • Turn off the device and switch the battery, hang around one or two seconds and come back it.
    • Push the camera key and clutch it whilst you turn on the phone. Continue holding both buttons until you check the logo Motorola. Now let the power button and continue to hold the camera until you see a triangle with an exclamation point. Leave the camera key
    • Press and hold the Volume Up button, while continuing to hold the camera button again.
    • Now move within the menu with the volume buttons, for the hard reset go to "wipe all user data" and confirm with OK
    • Confirmation, always with OK, the warning that appears
    • Wait for the end of the procedure and confirm the restart.

It seems to me like Deep discharge, it just means if you have this behavior. Then the battery is discharged far below its rated voltage and need the wheels with a maximum load current when the device can or needs to operate + shop. Load after a few minutes, the battery has charged so far, that the charging current is reduced and the device can display and co back into operation.