Thread: cannot view wmv files in Motorola droid

cannot view wmv files in Motorola droid

Some days before my sister emailed me one video clips which is in WMV format and I have transferred that video clip in my mobile. Now after that when I have transferred it in my Motorola droid and after that when I tried to play it at that time my Motorola droid was not able to play that file. is there anything wrong with my mobile or that video clip. Please tell me what I should do to play that file in my mobile. Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: cannot view wmv files in Motorola droid

As far as I know you will not be able to play WMV file in your Motorola droid mobile because Motorola droid does not support WMV format. If you want to play that video clip in your mobile then you have to first convert that video file in the format which supports in your Motorola droid and after converting that video file try to play that wmv file in your mobile and after that you will not get any issue.

Well after watching your issue I would like to tell you that first you have to download video converter from internet and after that you have to install it in your computer and after that convert your video file in the format which will support in your Motorola droid. As far as I know Motorola droid will play mp4 format. While converting the video you have to make sure that you set the video resolution properly. If you set the wrong video resolution then you will not be able to play it in your Motorola droid.

After referring your above replies I have tried to solve this issue by downloading the video converter software in my computer and after that I have convert the video in mp4 format and after that when I try to play that file in my mobile at that time it worked fine. Now I want to know that is there any way to play WMV files in Motorola droid directly. If anyone have any information regarding that then please let me know.

I have one solution for your problem. You can download the application to play the WMV file in your Motorola droid from android market. I have downloaded one application called Arcmedia player in my mobile and after that I was able to play WMV files in my Motorola droid. I think you should also download this application and after that you will be able to play WMV files in your Motorola droid.

I have searched Arcmedia player on android market to play WMV files in my Motorola Droid and after searching that I have installed Arcmedia player in my mobile. Now after installing that when I play WMV files from that Arcmedia player at that time it worked fine. Now I don’t need to convert videos every time. Your given information helped me to solve my problem and thank you so much for that.