Thread: Unable to send but can receive email in Motorola Droid X

Unable to send but can receive email in Motorola Droid X

I am using Motorola Droid X from last 1 week and has been facing this particular issue related to emails in my device. I am able to receive emails but when it comes to sending the emails, I am unable to do so. I am unable to find out what must be causing this irritating issue with my Motorola Droid X. Is there anyone else who is facing the same issue? Does anyone know what we can do inorder to solve the following issue with the device. Please help me in solving the issue.

Re: Unable to send but can receive email in Motorola Droid X

As the issue is related to the Internet service and the email service, I strongly feel that you might have not saved the right settings in your Motorola Droid X mobile phone. This seems to be the sole reason to me at the moment which is why you are not able to send any emails to your contacts but you are able to receive the emails normally. So, I would suggest you to look upon the network/VPN settings of your device and see if changing them helps you in solving the issue or not.

Anything related to the Internet or email service should be asked to the customer care centre of your Service provider. You should call up the customer care of your service provider and then ask the concerned person to send you proper working settings in your Motorola Droid X mobile phone. Make sure that once you have received the same from the service provider, you save the settings in your cell phone to avail the Internet service in your cellphone.

I also went through the same issue while using my Motorola Droid X Smart phone. But I was unable to send emails to my contacts because of my mistake. So I would also like to warn you that hope you have not done the same mistake. In my case, I had just written websitename.com in the SMTP instead of the mail.websitename.com. So, I would also suggest you to look upon this silly mistakes and correct them if you have done the same.

It seems that the issue is very common among the Motorola Droid X users. I also faced the same issue but I found different solution to be working for me and solving my problem. You will have to remove the default Android email program which came along with the device and download K9 email application from the Android Market and install it in your cellphone. Manually install the app and make sure that you have left the login name as blank. This did the rick for me. Hope it does the same for you.

According to me you should most probably search for a Motorola store in your nearby area and get your mobile phone checked by the officials present in the Motorola store. The professionals available at the Motorola Store will be able to provide you with the necessary help and tips in the following issue. And also, as the device is most recently purchased, it will surely be within the warranty period. So, you can avail the advantage of the same.

Thank you for showing interest and for replying to my post. Downloading the K9 mail application from Android Market and installing it in my Motorola Droid X helped me solve the issue. Now I am easily able to send as well as receive mail in my mobile as well, all thanks to you good people, who removed some time from there busy life to reply my post and provide some really working solutions. If this issue would have not got solved, I would have ended up removing the new update. But you just saved the day.