Thread: what you recommend buying new battery for old kindle or going for entirely new one

what you recommend buying new battery for old kindle or going for entirely new one

I never had a problem with my Kindle 2 so far, and this is very frustrating! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have my Kindle in the fall of 2009, and recently when I tried to connect to my computer was acting a little weird and sometimes the computer does not recognize the device. The battery also did not seem to last as long. Therefore it seems they want to charge. And the light load on and off at what time it was plugged within I go to Best Buy to pay money for a new cable, thinking it might be the problem that the old loses its protective covering micro connector end, and I thought perhaps damaged by step or something.

Re: what you recommend buying new battery for old kindle or going for entirely new one

I have the same question. What is truly disturbing is that none of my computers recognize it's there, so the addition of books via USB is not an option. I can turn the wireless, but have not attempt to add a book that technique. I have a pretty respectable collection there, however wanted to append some of my PDF files and a number of additional books. Does this sound like a problem with Kindle or a battery problem? Please help me thank you.

Re: what you recommend buying new battery for old kindle or going for entirely new one

If you've tried a fresh cable, it sounds similar to a difficulty by way of the USB connection on top of your Kindle. If you’re PC does not identify and know how to utilize the Kindle's fine otherwise, does not sound similar to a battery problem. I do not believe there is something you can perform to fix it yourself. It would be useful talking to a repair center that fixes laptops and elucidate the problem, which possibly will be able to solder a fresh socket. It possibly will be cheaper just to replace the Kindle though.

I have a latest laptop last fall. My old system was XP and the latest one is Windows 7. The latest machine will not be familiar through my Kindle2. It will, however, recognize my husband kindle3. Apologetic, I have not established a solution to this, consequently I cannot help you. My Kindle2 occasionally has difficulty with loading. There appear to be a small play on top of the plug that goes into the Kindle and if I include cable cautiously pull it sometimes and do a small crooked. That's all it takes to obtain out of the load.

Before you buy or change anything, you may want to try turning Whispernet, if not previously done accordingly. My K1 and K3 think we necessitate to have made at least once a month to perform things similar to situate the date and demonstrate the exercise of your battery appropriately (no idea why this is so). Amazon possibly will replace him, even if it is technically out of warranty. If thus, send it to me straight away and have 30 days to send one support.

Thanks to the responses of all, thank you very much! I'm afraid things were a little strange with my Kindle this past week. The battery was running very fast, but the unit was working fine otherwise. I was able to get a free book from Amazon and download without any problem. It's going to show my husband that was not recognized by computers rather than plugged in, but then recognizes him as if nothing had happened! I tried adding half a dozen books and had no problems doing that.

It is usually suggested to contact Amazon (Kindle support) first. See what you will offer, but then I am not a "guarantee of a third" person. I guess if you have a security through another person there to see what they will do. My feeling is that a 3rd party may ask you to send them and they will "fix" it. What may mean he is without a Kindle for a while? The feedback simply guarantees Part 3 I've perceive are for the Commerce Square.