Thread: modding the bios of acer travelmate 8371 to fix fan settings and graphics

modding the bios of acer travelmate 8371 to fix fan settings and graphics

I do not know if anyone cares .But the latest bios modded 1.28 for Acer TravelMate 8371 (13.3 "). (Similar to Acer Timeline 3810TG) so I thought I'd share with you. Work on some other laptop models too.

• Latest version 1.28
    • alter / Intel Only / merely ATI" Graphics Options
    • you have not closed all higher options
    • untouched configuration FAN. regulate the temperature to 52 *C for the fan to turn, in its place of usual 30*C

Re: modding the bios of acer travelmate 8371 to fix fan settings and graphics

OK, I have hardened on my Acer travelmate 8371-machine (with no ATI). Now the fan starts his job a bit afterward. Following 10 minutes of customary surfing from side to side the web the fan starts (@ 38/40°C) and runs permanently @ 31°C. So the fan-behavior did not change when AC it’s plugged curiously the fan stops when i switch off the AC-cable .so I believe it is not only a temperature-setting. But at the present i have full access to the BIOS settings.

This workings with Acer TravelMate 8371 (rejection enthusiastic graphics) and 8371G (in the midst of enthusiastic) When laptop is plugged addicted to the AC fan and will at a standstill be at around 35C. I cannot revolutionize this, on the other hand, is quieter than the innovative most up-to-date BIOS. When by means of the battery devoid of AC on in the region of 51C. And when it goes backside to around 47-48C.

I have the Acer travelmate 3810tg, too. I was looking intended for an explanation in the direction of the exasperating fan intended for the last year! Consequently I'm exceptionally in high spirits that an important person could repair it. Maybe you can put in plain words how they made the Bios mod for the temperature of the fan. Consequently we will be able to mod the latest BIOS to Acer travelmate 3810 property.

Sorry, did not respond before, but I tried this in my BIOS TM8371 and while it works as advertised, does not solve problems with battery charging simpler than the version 1.28 is supposed to address (i.e. the battery is reported as completely emotional).I go back to 1.28 authorized bios in the approved manner solve the battery difficulty, but now the fan is always on. As I asked former if the OP could share the process used to alter the activation temperature of the fan, I could attempt to be appropriate only to fix the original bios.

I was wondering if anybody can lend a hand me with this difficulty. I forgot the BIOS password (I'm waiting for Acer to say what it will cost to explain this), but this is not a "full-size" problem so you can use the laptop without troubles so it is not necessary to change the configuration BIOS. The problem now is that updating the BIOS (Op "mod bios" will stick the difficulty) I lost the F12 (change boot device) option, so now cannot boot from USB sticks or USB / DVD if for some reason have to reinstall the Operating system. So my query is please ask if probable that the BIOS mod similar thing with the F12 option enabled by default. This is sufficient for me and I will put aside money if I cannot inquire for money Acer pay, and the mean, at the same time as I go trying possible passwords.

The modded BIOS is installed and works great on my 8371, much esteemed. Battery life was better after turning off the unwanted things and the fans seemed to be quiet for longer too. On the other hand I could not leave something working well enough alone and had * to play in the advanced settings in the BIOS and at the present I think I brick the laptop. I think I put a CPU too many options to "Enabled" or "Auto"