Thread: Is there any way to replace Acer TimelineX 3820TG keyboard with backlite?

Is there any way to replace Acer TimelineX 3820TG keyboard with backlite?

How to update / change the keyboard with a backlit U.S. 3810 keyboard. Foremost you could do with a little patience with this mod, there is very easier said than done to join the weld in order to get power to the LED backlight. But if you have high-quality a soldering iron I put forward you not to attempt this or obtain an important person to lend a hand can solder point. Just try to Google and you will get n number of result.

re: Is there any way to replace Acer TimelineX 3820TG keyboard with backlite?

I tried this has no result on the volume of sound in all or lights. No flash with the sound. This source is a smooth 3.5vi / steady and I was forever 100% of the time the laptop is. Turns off in sleep mode and hibernation. Unlike the USB 5v originally used. I tried the laptop at full load (GTA IV) with a total volume of the same as before. No problem, he could have harnessed the power FAN1 but I see this to be more risky than the audio. The last thing you want is a slower fan.

Good to know. From what I understand, even silencing does not affect the light. What about disabling the periphery? If you turn off the speakers maybe the power goes out. And maybe, just maybe, a little tweak of a software application (bar perhaps) can enable / disable the peripheral automatically. Which’d be good if you need the extra 30 minutes.Did you try to see if the lack of connection of the UMTS module in relation to the motherboard has some kind of power?

If anybody has a physical for 3820TG, here's my philosophy concerning the power of the keyboard backlight. If a plug is not used with the power of it, all you have to do is get the lady / man who unite from the socket and solder the power strip on the keyboard with a cable. If we could solve this would get rid of the need for soldiers near any of the mechanism of the motherboard. All changes would be the keyboard itself. It can be easily installed / removed by pluging it in. As an added bonus, if decision has selected a function that can turn on and off in software, could be a switchable outlet, turning on and off backlighting.

If you set the Kensington lock, you should be able to keep right at the top and make it work like a standard startup and shutdown. I'm assuming that the opening of the lock will be presented a bit to provide accommodation the change. There is a switch too, but is larger, at least it looks superior. I immediately look forward to they will resolve send one or two. I also thought slide switching is significance.

I think I'll find out. If you look at the other buildings that use the same switch, go to "many" amps (3000mA) through the same switch. The circuit can reduce the intensity of current through the switch to 0.05 amps, but I doubt that looking at the circuits. Yes, USB is 5V at 0.5 amps is classified as a switch to 0.05 V @ 12 amps. I'm willing to bet that the rating is extremely conservative. At least I hope so. If there is a problem, the switch should be the location of the fault. You can always just jump on failure. If it works, look great

Re: Is there any way to replace Acer TimelineX 3820TG keyboard with backlite?

Is there a mini PCI-E slot on the board on? If so, SMbus have to be connected to the slot. Digikey has an 8 pin fraction that connects to the SMBus, and can basis 300mA. You would have to assess the in development drawn by the keyboard - to millimeters in series by the 5V bring on USB to see how much it is based. You could get a contemptible trial product for Bluetooth or wireless card and debug it. There be supposed to be some free software out there SMbus control, simply send a signal on / off of the part and could probably join a key.

Re: Is there any way to replace Acer TimelineX 3820TG keyboard with backlite?

Kensington lock housing measures 8 mm x 5mm x 5mm. I think we have to be modified to put a switch on or at least a hole be drilled in the side to pass the wires through. I have a couple of photos of the house I can post later. I fixed my speaker cables linking permanently. When I finished, I used two strips of double sided tape. One of the standard in the center of 4.5 "and one in the same area at the top, just below the clips. The keyboard feels enormous. There is some flex to the left, which I think is inevitable in backlit keyboard, but all sponginess is off the board. It feels much better to write.