Thread: Is there any way to make modifications in Acer Laptop having Phoenix BIOS?

Is there any way to make modifications in Acer Laptop having Phoenix BIOS?

Hey I m focus in modifying the bios and based on old laptop with phoenix bios’ decided to help those people who want to modify the bios.
    It depends upon your original Bios
    -
    • unhide Intel VT-x/AMD-V menu
    • - unhide SATA AHCI menu
    • - unhide Speed step menu
    • - unhide any "risk-free" menu
    • Flash Bios in Dos Mode

1. Make certain battery is full for notebook & power cord is plugged in.
    2. Boot with DOS bootable disk
    3. At console. Type the following command.
    4. Code:
      phlash16.exe /x /s /mode=3 bios-filename
    5. stay idle until it finish & restart itself or follow the on-screen instruction. DO NOT interrupt the process.

Bios Recovery:
    Just put back the "BIOS.WPH" file with it. Make certain the file is BIOS.WPH is fully operational with your model. If at all possible, the original image files of BIOS. For recovery u can finds the step on your manufacture website.

re: Is there any way to make modifications in Acer Laptop having Phoenix BIOS?

Maybe. It seems that the behavior of the CPU is controlled by DSDT in ACPI tables (in the BIOS). However, this requires a deep knowledge / DSDT study, the passage speed of the CPU in particular. Please make sure this website for more information. The information is very helpful. Providentially, Linux also ropes DSDT override. This means that it is necessary to modify the BIOS at all, just need to modify the DSDT. You have choices and want to flash the bios chip or simply override the DSDT using the AML file (compiled version of the DSDT), which is much safer.

Does the modified bios gives access to the memory settings. He bought the Kingston 2x2GB kit KHX6400S2ULK2-4G (PC2-6400 CL4) to replace the PC2-5300 memory I had on my Aspire 6930G. The problem is that the laptop does not start with the new memory in. boots when I try one of the grown-up clubs with a new-fangled but not so much with a new-fangled self or 2 stick backsides in somebody's company.

Appreciation again, other than unfortunately my processor does not support VT-x, my blunder. I've also tried the two images of the BIOS, but the only change seemed to be the version number, the new options in the 'Main' menu that are not present. Although it may be for the explanation that these options are not complementary by means of the hardware. Improved SpeedStep is supported, not recorded.

The DSDT and optimized. You do not have to recompile. Unless you have specific objectives, but yet still consider a modified DSDT "trial and error" process. Most people change their DSDT if they are using Linux your main operating system, because with this operating system, the boot loader has the ability to override DSDT, i.e. no need to change / flash BIOS. That means safer and testing the modified DSDT much easier.

No, no GPU is a soldier, but that's nothing to do with it. The point is that Aspire 5740G has a chipset that allows switching between integrated and dedicated GPU on the fly. Early news reports had mentioned this feature, but because this laptop Acer Core i3/i5/i7 launched shortly after Intel introduced and had no driver working at the time, had to disable. I would also ask to look in the BIOS, I guess they did not remove completely the function simply hides probably ended. Anyway, thanks in advance for looking into this.

Re: Is there any way to make modifications in Acer Laptop having Phoenix BIOS?

Actually, I did not modify the firmware update or nvidia. In the modified BIOS for Acer Aspire 9420 (also Travel Mate 5620), have been modified DSDT. The modified DSDT is also compatible with Windows. In the section on graphics cards that Apple was injected sub vendor-id. You can confirm by running GPU-Z. Only cosmetic changes the normal operation of the graphics card. This is why you have to reinstall the driver for your graphics card.

Re: Is there any way to make modifications in Acer Laptop having Phoenix BIOS?

If it is of any use when VBIOS mess with updates on my laptop, sometimes I have to use my recovery disk Crysis (a real CD) but rather a combination of special button, but I took my hard drive, to pay my BIOS settings (only to get the boot order to normal, if the CD is the first, however, you do not have to remove the hard drive) and put the disc and did the rest. I doubt this would work in a total brick, but BIOS? My VBIOS was the only thing in bad shape so technically my system boot in general, not only of the screen.