Thread: Poor heating on TravelMate 5530G with Turion ZM-87

Poor heating on TravelMate 5530G with Turion ZM-87

I has been updating my laptop given that then: first, RAM, HDD, VGA (ATI HD3650) and I'd be paying attention in the success of updating my RM-70 ZM-87 to I managed to pay money for lately. The difficulty is that although the team did not accept the new CPU, its passive thermal trip points are very low. Usually heated to 74-75 degrees on the Intel Burn Test, then start gas intermittently up to 600 MHz. This causes a variation of the breast, as in framerate when playing with a relatively modern game (STALKER fluctuates between 12 and 34 frames per second). I'm sure the CPU is not faulty, as I saw the same test run with it on an HP Pavilion DV5 (one of the worst cooling designs I've seen, the grids are pointing down) and reached 90 degrees Celsius without troubles.

re: Poor heating on TravelMate 5530G with Turion ZM-87

First, I would like to tell populace how thankful I am that you're spending your free occasion in solving my trouble. Are you sure you do not want to upload anything (or if I had my laptop ACPI table out there somewhere)? I would be paying attention in how these trigger points are stored: I'm assuming that there are different settings for each type of processor (probably not)? I say this because my RM-70 always behaved very well, still when I first bought the laptop when the temperature tended to 72-74 degrees before changing the thermal paste and underestimated it

Sadly, it didn't seem to work. I have run a cmd with administrative rights (inbetween, isn't it enough to give it just that? Turning UAC off completely is a bit of an overkill, isn't it?) And sprint the command you gave me => "Table overloading succeeded". Then reboot. After that I did Intel Burn test again, and the same thing happened at 73-74 degrees. do you know an important person who can update AMD processor microcode?

Nevertheless, I contain news: the boot rear to Linux, I unintentionally exposed a modest supplementary about this phenomenon: I meet with "yes | md5sum" in a terminal, which has two cores operational at the main p-state, but with the basic use only about 50-60%. Thus, the temperature rose steadily to 78 ° C, without limitation underneath! At the time I started one more instance of "yes | md5sum" to reach a core usage 100%, which is when he began to change back to 600 MHz intermittently. What do you think of this behavior. If you are not connected to temperature.

Gratitude a lot! It in point of fact overloaded the DSDT table this time, I could inform for the reason that Speed Fan found 3 other sensors that "weren't there" before. So I ran Intel Burn, and throttled the cores downward over again. Equal temperature (by no means goes above 75) too. I tried setting together cores as of user liberty to recital in Linux, but at 74-75 degrees with 100% system load it manages to button back to 600 again. The merely thing absent that could be causing the difficulty is the microcode, right? For the reason that I'm absolutely in no doubt that the Turion isn't out of order, it ran completely in the other laptop.

Thank you for the in order. I'm not more often than not override DSDT in windows, so I don't bet on familiar terms with about this. I tried on my notebook previous too & I establish the table forever override when I perform load table. At what time I uninvolved the FAN devices from DSDT, the FAN will be "deleted" from Device Manager. At what time I put in back, the FAN will be "additional" in Device Manager. At what time I tested unreceptive cooling doorstep, I can observe the changes. When I inferior the threshold, the processor strangle down. When I amplified the threshold, the processor won't throttle. All of this devoid of altering the revision number. For the explanation that it until the end of time works for me, I didn't make sure the as document.

Re: Poor heating on TravelMate 5530G with Turion ZM-87

I've been allowable certain machinery in debug layer ACPI: with ACPI_PROCESSOR_COMPONENT, ACPI_THERMAL_COMPONENT, ACPI_FAN_COMPONENT ACPI_POWER_COMPONENT and permissible no debug communication at all. on one occasion you have added ACPI_EVENTS, then a lot of redundant messages began to appear (of course), but there was nothing more active, I could see the pattern of these messages easily. So I've caused the premature thermal acceleration, and this is what got the messages.

Re: Poor heating on TravelMate 5530G with Turion ZM-87

So that's what it is, thanks! BTW, while waiting for a comeback to my thread at bios-mods.com, I've found this: osrc .It seemed that the microcode update has been winning with this technique, but I'm not entirely sure since the difficulty still persists (almost certainly the update still contained some default values that should be altered in my case). At least I've found a nice method of trying out microcode under Linux; all that is wanted is to reattach the microcode module with modprobe.