Thread: Need to upgrade Acer 3680 Celeron CPU to intel processor T5300

Need to upgrade Acer 3680 Celeron CPU to intel processor T5300

I productively updated my 3680-2633 from a Celeron M 520 to Core 2 Duo T5300@1.73 Ghz. I could be the first to report a winning improve for this chip. The most well-liked is the use T5200@1.6 GHz. This thing is calm and chilly. The first occasion you started I wondered if it was broken because the fan was not as strong as ever. The computer is down at 45.7 degrees Celsius that is better than the Celeron 53-60 degrees Celsius. The battery is still exhausted 3 hours + is much better than the 1 hour and 46min had the Celeron. Now, using the energy economy mode in Windows Vista keeps the gear in a working state due to 800 MHz in RMClock now surpasses the Celeron of the same mode.

The performance is astonishing and my friends / family are intrigued by this sub-$ 500 Acer 3680 completely efficient. Packing 1.5 gigs of RAM and a Core 2 Duo. I am able to still play Halo with a steady 30 FPS. The GMA 950 is not so bad any more of the older games. Published a reference 32m w / prime and completed in 42 seconds. Celeron M 520 ran the similar benchmark in 125 seconds. I'll allow you be the judge of the presentation.

re: Need to upgrade Acer 3680 Celeron CPU to intel processor T5300

Well done! I'm normally against tinkering with things that are working - but here have successfully taken a "cheapo slow" and has given a huge improvement in performance with minimal cost and reliability should also benefit from the laptop is working cooler. I think you will get a lot of people trying this mod. (I know that if I had a 3680 that it would). Thanks for sharing. I appreciate your effort for sharing your knowledge and experience with us.

Do not worry about that. My computer is identical to yours, 3680-2633. I ran into my computer via the CPU-Z and PC Wizard 2008. Neither support nor online Acer Intel say the 943GML chipset (I saw when I pulled the computer apart) can support a Core 2 Duo. The 1.6 GHz Celeron M has a 533MHz FSB and a removable plug M. These specifications are identical to the T5200 and T5300 for the. My computer is proof that this project will work. We also investigated other laptops that have the same bios and food as the Acer 3680 and had Core 2 Duo. Just make sure the BIOS is the latest build v1.3505.

Actually, I've added memory and hard drive. Other than that does not take away much, in actuality. I work with a guy who went to school with who construct computers, write software and write some nonsense. When I talk about computers it’s like his speaking Spanish or impressive. nevertheless, I bribed my processor replaced. All you have to do is bring a Diet Coke every morning in the direction of work for a week.

Well here's the catch: My co-worker is really good at soldering things. He was able to weld the "pin" that fell from my DC port on the side of the computer so I can use my power adapter and charge the battery. Well we have all halfway again and connected it and nothing. Works with battery but not AC. So that is not good. When the battery runs out, that's all. Soooooo, he's still at work (I decided to run home and let my dog) who works in it. He’s going to have another look at the AC port to see what / if there's something you can do. Otherwise, I'll be looking for a new board dc / usb / power button (~ $ 40). It's actually very easy to install. Anyway, so my point of all that is I have not had a chance to shoot everything and corroborate it works.

Good for you on your laptop shimmering sudden Core 2 Duo. I am pleased that the update worked for you and that you are the self-important proprietor of a rare Aspire Core 2 duo 3680.So now we know that the Core 2 duo T5300 is a great addition to this "contemptible" little laptop. If can publish some benchmarks, temporary workers, or an estimate of battery life from a new view that would be great. I guess that will come after using the laptop for 2-3 days. Just returned with descriptions of their experience. I hope all is well!

Re: Need to upgrade Acer 3680 Celeron CPU to intel processor T5300

I've never gutted a laptop, but have removed several desktop CPU / heatsinks. The principle is the same - not to ride without thermal paste! There are several guides on the web. It's easy to put too much into if you've never done before. Metal contact between the processor and the heatsink is the best! The paste acts to help the heat transfer in the two surfaces do not touch. Unless one or other surface is warped, the thickness of the paste should not exceed 1 / 1000 or two once the equipment is reassembled and heated until a couple of times.

Re: Need to upgrade Acer 3680 Celeron CPU to intel processor T5300

I do not think the problem is of processor, but your advice doesn't mount i940 i943, but one. In fact, if you mount an M420 could mean that is slightly larger than the other machines updated before i943 Acer adopt novel and more versatile. The major dissimilarity between 940 and 943 is the be short of of hold up for dual core CPUs in an Italian forum. I think the only way to know for sure if the trouble is the chipset or CPU is faulty check the type of chipset on the motherboard directly. If unfortunately was actually 940, you can ride a SpeedStep CPU: Core Solo T1350 (FSB @ 533, 1.86 GHz).