Thread: How is your kindle experience so far?

How is your kindle experience so far?

I was thinking the other day how different my Kindle experience is today from when I first received my Kindle in Feb 2009. I didn't know anything about DRM on books, had never used to Calibre, didn't have Collections just pages upon pages of books, always purchased books from Amazon and nowhere else and lastly I just read. Fast forward and I LOVE Calibre and couldn't live without it. I manage everything within this app. what you guys think about it thank you. Please share your experience with it thank you.

Re: How is your kindle experience so far?

Books are organized under Collections (thanks Amazon for this functionality) and my all of my books within a Collection are numbered so I know which books are next in the series. I purchase books from everywhere and don't have any limitations on using them on my Kindle. I listen to music while reading, employ text to speech when driving (especially when I am at a particularly good point in the book). I learned how to read on the treadmill using with the volume turned down so that the Kindle turns the pages for me.

I mentally do the greedy rubbing of hands. At what time I got my Kindle in spring '08, my genre selection was pretty thin (fantasy). At the moment I have a plethora of books- urban fantasy, epic, YA, etc. It's wonderful. I read more books, more often and making book selections when traveling is no longer a nightmare. It’s like putting the Ipad down to hug my Kindle. So overall I will only say that it’s a nice digital media for us thank you.

I still only use my Kindle for reading books. And actually reading them. However, it has opened my eyes to the possibilities as an author and as a reader. I have found novels and authors I would not have found without the Kindle. I still prefer to use my Kindle for reading, but it has opened me up to reading some genres and authors I never would have tried before. This is what I think about it. So overall according to me every gadget has its advantages and disadvantages so we have to accept it. Thank you.

I bought my first game for the Kindle back in October. Now I have so many games on my Kindle that it's cutting into my reading time! Also, I used to do nothing but read books but I tried surfing the web with my Kindle once (while I had an hour to kill waiting for a friend of mine to show up). Now it's something I do several times a week, as a nice way to switch over to "live" news content from the web rather than the "static" text of my e-books.

I only got my Kindle in January of this year, but I discovered another world. Through discussion boards such as this, I discovered that I could publish my books in eBook form. I doubt I would have ever known if it weren't for buying my Kindle, because I wouldn't have known how easy it was or where to go. Also I've got so many classics and I didn't have to pay for them. I've missed them. I was an English major but I moved back to Hawaii last year and had to give a lot of my books up. Now I am using kindle so now there is no more issue.

Hello I am agree with you. I have them on my Kindle, and I don't have to worry so much about space I live in a small one bedroom apartment so I don't have a lot of space. I read faster on my Kindle than with print books, too. I'm meeting a lot of wonderful people on Amazon's site, and other places because of my books and for the reason that of the Kindle. I would be totally sad if something still happened to it, knock on wood.