Thread: Quick Web Application is not turning on in HP Pavilion dv5

Quick Web Application is not turning on in HP Pavilion dv5

I've been using HP Pavilion dv5 laptop which is using Windows 7 Operating System on it. It was working very well until few days back and also when I had purchased the following laptop but the issue seems to have started occurring lately because of don’t know what reasons. Now however, I am unable to find the quick web application which came along with the laptop. The application doesn’t seems to be starting up when the laptop is starting. Does anyone know where it went missing or why it stopped working? Please help me.

Re: Quick Web Application is not turning on in HP Pavilion dv5

You or someone else might have changed the settings of your HP Pavilion dv5 laptop. Most probably it seems like; the startup program settings are changed. The quick web application might have been disabled from the startup programs and that is why you are unable to find the same when you are starting your laptop. So, what you need to do to get back the following quick web application during startup is to change the Startup program settings and enable the application again.

You should follow the following steps to enable any Startup programs in your Windows 7 running laptop.
    • Go to the following path: Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > System Configuration.
    • If the system is prompting for any confirmation then you will have to click on continue and insert the admin password if asked to.
    • Click on the Startup tab.
    • Click on the program which you want to enable as your startup program and check it
    • Click on Apply.
    • Make sure that you are clicking on the Boot tab
    • Finally you will be required to check the Make all boot settings permanent box and finally click on Yes
    • Click on the Restart button is prompted for anything like that to apply the settings.

You can even start the following application by searching for the same i.e. Quick Web Application on the search box on the Start menu. If the Quick Web Application is installed in your laptop, then it is for sure that it will be shown when you search for it in your laptop. And if it is not installed then it is but obvious that you won’t find the application popping up whenever you start your laptop. So, first you should make sure that the following Quick Web Application is installed in your laptop.

As you mentioned that you started facing the problem only recently and was able to see the Quick Web Application showing up when you had purchase your laptop, so in this issue I feel that if your wish to get back the old settings and files then you should most probably go for the System Restore. Restoring your laptop to its earlier instance will roll back your system and give you the settings which were present at the time of the chosen restore point. Make sure that you have taken backup of all the important data before you perform System Restore.

I would suggest you to use the original Utility CD which came along with your HP laptop and install the Quick Web Application again in your system. If you are unable to find the necessary CD or the setup file then I would recommend you to search for the same on Internet. Download the following application and install it in your system. Make sure that you are downloading the following setup for the Quick Web Application from some trusted website or if possible download it from the official website of HP laptop.

Follow the below steps if you wish to enable/disable the Instant Web in your system:
    • Restart your system to start the Setup Utility
    • On Restart press the F10 function key unless you are directed to Setup Utility
    • Select the System Configuration by using the right arrow key.
    • Select Instant Web Support by navigating with the help of down arrow key. Press enter.
    • Here you can Enable or Disable the following feature by using the arrow key. Hit the Enter key to finalize the selection.
    • Press F10 function key in order to save the changes which you recently made.
    • Select Yes to confirm.