Thread: Signature page on their Kindle

Signature page on their Kindle

Anybody here interested in having a signature page of your Kindle to allow authors to sign books, Kindle, as they do with paper books? This technology does not exist in the Kindle yet, but I wonder how the Kindle readers to respond to them. I suppose the authors could also create a digital signature (in your handwriting) and allow readers to download, but the best thing to do in person? What do you all think? Worth the effort?

Re: Signature page on their Kindle

In my opinion, a "digital" signature in a Kindle book is almost negligible. For me, the point of a book is that it's signed and personalized a kind of "proof" that it has complied with the author. And if the author is famous, the book can be useful. None of those things would be true for a digital signature. I guess if I thought there was enough of an author who wanted a firm that just go ahead and buy a paper book for him / her to sign.

I've heard of authors that are similar to a card deck, which is signed and delivered to the book signing for those who have purchased in digital format. I could see doing something like that. It would be good if there is a standard size for business cards. I got the signatures of the authors of a couple of times in the past, but only for books that actually really liked, even cookbooks! This way, you could have a collection box, or frame for display.

I think it would clean technology if the firm could be somehow related to that particular copy of an electronic book. The point of an autograph is that it captures a moment in time that the author and his book were the exact same place. If the signature file can be transferred from an e-book to another, then it ceases to be special. I know people who collect autographs indicating that they are valuable precisely because only a limited number of them.

If the firm can be personalized with a message for you / your name, etc, will not that make it special? With some type of tablet and connecting the right, which could be loaded into the e-book readers in place. I doubt the code to make an addition to the eBook file for the custom message would be difficult. The actual image of writing would be a separate file anyway, so it would be an issue that unites - the same way that HTML works.

Actually, there is a corporation that previously does this. It's called Autography and I consider it’s obtainable for exercise on all e-readers. With it, a novelist can personalize a book at the point of trade or some other time. I think the majority interesting thought is that it permits authors to autograph personal photographs (for example a photo of you and the novelist at a few events).

The only way I would have entered your personal copy of the line of fire by Admiral William Crowe - who, at that time was U.S. ambassador in the Court of St. James's because I bought the book at a charity auction, met with him, and he did sign. Nobody else has that. The inscription refers to the function, the group sponsors, and has my name and date. And it is written in the handwriting and signed "Bill Crowe." That's fine.

I have gone to a pair of book signings. I have an autograph book which has a diversity of signatures in it. Athletes, musicians, actors, writers, and many more. Occasionally, at different meet-n-greets, they have photos of the person which are obtainable for acquire that I will clutch and have signed. But, signing an electronic device (except it was Bezos in fact signing my Kindle) looks impractical to me.