Thread: Firmware 2.01 update for Asus O!Play HD2 is not working

Firmware 2.01 update for Asus O!Play HD2 is not working

Good News guys!!! I recently came across the new Firmware 2.01 update for Asus O!Play HD2 media player. So I just installed the following new update in my media player thinking that this will be good for my system and will help me optimize the performance of the media player which I have got installed at my place. But exactly the opposite happened and the device started showing more issues with it. Does anyone have got any clue what must have caused the issue and what possibly should be done to solve the problem.

Re: Firmware 2.01 update for Asus O!Play HD2 is not working

You might have not installed the newly available update of Firmware 2.01 for the Asus O!Play HD2 media player in your system properly. That is why you are going through the issue. So, I would suggest you to make sure that you have performed the update for your media player device in a right way. The problem is occurring because the installation of the update was not done properly, thus corrupting the entire file system regarding the Asus O!Pleay HD2 media player.

Make sure that the update which you are trying to install in your device is a working one and it is authorized from the manufacturer. Also you should make sure that you are downloading the new firmware update from some trusted website and not any random website because that will just increase the chance of getting a corrupt file from any random websites. SO, according to me your should visit the official website of ASUS and install it in your device.

Thank you, guys for replying. But no matter what I try to do and from which source I am downloading the firmware update for the media player, I am still facing issue. It is kind of irritating to try installing the updates so many times in your device and then end up being in the losing end. Please help me in resolving the issue. As now the video has started lagging and also sometimes the audio won’t work at all. Any ways if anyone find a solution than please help me. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Yes dude I also saw the following update for the Asus O!Play HD2 and installed it in my system without getting any kind of error message. The only difference which I have noticed is that the latest version is provided with a warning message which is displayed when the user is selecting HDMI LPCM or HDMI Multi CH LPCM audio. The only thing which I noticed that I am getting a notification which informs that the SPDIF sound won’t be working properly as expected. You will also notice that the firmware has disabled the Screen Saver by default.

The only solution which I find at the moment is to either roll back your device to its earlier version which was working well and good. Either you can do this or you can wait for another update which would be solving the issue. It seems to be a problem from the Asus technical side only. So most probably you will have to wait for the Asus officials to release a new update which would be fixing the issue which were created because of the following update which you recently updated in your media player.

According to me, there are two options, which can prove to be productive for you. First is, either you can wait for the next update release for your Asus motherboard and get the issue solved then or second you can search for any Hardware computer store in your nearby area and get your device checked by the professional and repaired if the issue is solvable. The choice is completely yours. If you ask me, I would recommend you to follow the second option. Its more worthy then the first one.