Thread: Bios flash didn't work on Acer Aspire 6935

Bios flash didn't work on Acer Aspire 6935

I have an Acer Aspire 6935 and installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on it. The NVidia driver 258.96 does not emerge to work correctly, so I decided to update the BIOS. The BIOS was 1.05 and 1.10 and agreed, in fact caused troubles. The laptop remains the starter, but after the Windows 7 logo with a blue screen. Could someone please help me? Truly I have no idea what to do at this time. If more information is needed to identify the issue and a solution for it, please let me know.

Re: Bios flash didn't work on Acer Aspire 6935

It is likely that the BIOS of the laptop have not been rationalized properly and so the laptop will not boot completely. System BIOS is in charge for storing all the instructions obligatory to start and maneuvering the equipment. Consequently, if the BIOS contain some trials, the laptop will not boot. Make certain that if a bit is wrong with the system BIOS then get it resolved, as it is the basis to make the laptop function well and operate it with no issues.

Bios battery located on the motherboard mostly referred as CMOS. You would have to dismantle all the instructions stored in it by clearing the CMOS. I doubt the CMOS clear is the ultimate solution for this machine is very important and you must setup bios again. For Aspire 6935G Bios version presently available is 1.20, you can refer it on the Acer support site. It can be flashed from windows or directly from pure DOS.

It turns up with Windows 7 screen and collapse. That points that some auxiliary thing is going wrong. The first is that the BIOS update strained on the HDD and backed to IDE emulation mode, when Windows 7 is anticipated to AHCI mode. Go to the BIOS setup by pressing F2 before the boot sequence Windows starts, and revolutionize the hard drive mode from IDE to AHCI. If that fails, try endeavoring with a Linux Live CD / DVD to ensure that the system still functions.

Maybe you did not know, but the flash ROM is not overwritten when you perform a normal task of updating the system BIOS. Then I imply you to try to restore the system BIOS. This assist to avoid this type of update message from the BIOS. Therefore, you must first use the gradual process to accomplish this task to reset the BIOS. This facilitate to work out on the issue occurred on the system because the BIOS update failed.

I suggest you go through your problem in safe mode. To download a Linux Live CD (like Ubuntu or Linux Mint) and tried to start? If you boot without problems, then we can reduce the possible grounds of the issues of your system. If it maneuvers, then the BIOS can at least boot an operating system, the next tread is to start with the operating system you want, or failing that, using Linux for all information in a secure place. Hope this helps.

The BSOD could have been reason by distorted system files. The bios flash must have worked as it have acknowledged the update and way in BIOS, etc. If the BIOS revise does not succeed then you have problems the team stuck in the BIOS screen, or just turn on and off after a fraction seconds after ignition. It might have been possible that the "hardware abstraction layer" (HAL) was dented during the flashing alter the BIOS settings and hardware alteration, so perhaps reinstall Windows 7.