Thread: Nintendo Wii gives error code 52230 when connecting to internet

Nintendo Wii gives error code 52230 when connecting to internet

This is true, the Wii itself is not allowing connecting with Internet, I get the same error each time it is 52230. I decided why not buy the wireless Wi-Fi USB Connector, and to my knowledge, the computers I am unable to get my Wii to work with this. I know that's not my router as it worked prior to the subsequent update and work on my X-Box 360. I tried all the channels that have changed and everything 802.11g crazy out there. I even physically put the whole thing to see if that helps, but to my surprise it did not. So if anyone has had this problem and solved it, maybe you can tell me what you did, and I can find something better.

Re: Nintendo Wii gives error code 52230 when connecting to internet

Is your router with WEP? If not, then you can try one more thing. Go to the router and change the channel. The best channel for Wi-Fi devices is channel 6. And the Old Testament is sure it would work, even with WEP turned off? Well, this should not have to be directly connected to the router to enter setup. Also make sure your firmware is updated. Well I hope this may help you. All the best!

I could probably be the topic of the channel. Make sure you are in 1 or 11. If not, then you can change. For this or to find your IP address, go to Start> Run> type cmd> then a black screen will appear and type "ipconfig / all". Once you have your IP address is set. Well, this will definitely help since I had the same problem and this helped me a lot. So just try this out and I really hope that it helps you too.

Well I haven’t got such problems ever even though I am using Wii from past 6 months. Since you have updated your router so it might be possible that this may be causing problems. Just install the previous version and observe whether you see any changes or not. My last option would be to manually format it but the problem is you need to download the games again which is very irritating task. Well this might help.

Most of the cases happen for internet connection problem are due to Firewall. Firewall is basically used to block the traffic as well as unwanted or risk guarding your system. So it might be possible that your firewall is blocking you from connecting to the internet. Stop your firewall or disable it, start your system again and check whether the problem is resolved or not. This should help you as per my knowledge.

Hey buddy I don’t have much idea about this since I never got such problems before. Whenever I get any problem, I call my friend who is a hardware expert and he always help me and if he fails then I take help from customer support center. Nintendo probably can help you to solve your problem. You can also post your query on their website and they will try to help there and provide some solutions within few hours. Well you can try.