Thread: Getting black screen after installing ATI Mobility Radeon hd 4650 in Acer Aspire 5920G

Getting black screen after installing ATI Mobility Radeon hd 4650 in Acer Aspire 5920G

Hello friends I am using Acer Aspire 5920G laptop in which I am using Windows vista. My laptop was working very well. Now I have upgraded my laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon hd 4650 graphic card and after that when I have start my laptop at that time I get black screen. Now when my laptop starts at that time my system boots properly but after that I get black screen. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this issue.

Re: Getting black screen after installing ATI Mobility Radeon hd 4650 in Acer Aspire 5920G

I have gone through your issue and I think you have to first confirm that the graphic card which you have installed in your Acer Aspire 5920G laptop is compatible or not. If you want to check that then you can check it on official site of the internet. If your graphic card is not compatible with your laptop model then you will not be able to use your graphic card with your laptop. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Re: Getting black screen after installing ATI Mobility Radeon hd 4650 in Acer Aspire 5920G

It looks like there might be something wrong with your ATI Mobility Radeon hd 4650 graphic card. First remove your graphic card and after that check whether your laptop is working properly or not. You can also check your laptop by connecting external monitor with your laptop. If you get the same issue after connecting external monitor with your laptop then I think there might be something wrong with your graphic card. First check that and after that let me know what the result is.

In my laptop I was facing the similar issue and after that I have tried to search solution on the internet but after searchi8ng on the internet also I didn’t get any help and after that my friend told me that by updating BIOS in my laptop I can fix this issue. Now after that I have done BIOS update and after doing that my problem gets solved. Now I am able to use graphic card with my laptop properly. I think you should also try this trick and after that your problem will get solved.

In my Acer Aspire 5920G laptop I have first check my laptop by connecting external monitor with my laptop. now after connecting external monitor with my laptop I get the same problem and after doing I was sure about that there is nothing wrong with my laptop screen or laptop hardware but there might be something wrong with graphic card. I don’t know how to update BIOS please tell me exact procedure for updating BIOS in my Acer Aspire 5920G.

If you want to update BIOS in your Acer Aspire 5920G laptop then you have to first download update BIOS file from official website of Acer and after installing that you have to burn Bootable CD to update your BIOS. Now after burning the CD you have to restart the laptop and then you will be able to update your BIOS. If you don’t want to update from Bootable CD then you can also create bootable USB flash drive and after that you can update the BIOS. Now after up[dating the BIOS you will be able to use your graphic card. if you need any more information then let me know.

Well after reading your post I have downloaded latest BIOS for laptop and after downloading that updated BIOS file I have made Bootable USB flash drive. Now after doing that I have done BIOS update in my laptop and after updating the BIOS the black screen issue stopped coming in my laptop. Now all the things are working properly. Thank you so much for helping me.