Thread: Xbox 360 console does not recognize wireless controllers

Xbox 360 console does not recognize wireless controllers

I am having my Xbox 360 from last few months and when I connect my wireless controls, then it just seems to connecting but after sometimes everything goes off. I am only able to connect my wired controller and that also a very old white model. Even when I connect my new black colored wired controller, it says that no controller is detected. Is there anyone else who is also facing the same problem? I want some suggestion to connect my controllers to the Xbox.

Re: Xbox 360 console does not recognize wireless controllers

If you are using the wired controller, then be sure that you hold the Sync button when the controller is off. Keep it pressed until you turn ON your console and see that it is connected. Until you see that it is well connected to the console don’t leave the button. Because, synchronizing is the main thing that you need to do while connecting your controller to the console. Once you get it synced, then you will see it working fine.

I had the similar issue with my Xbox that the controllers were not working properly. So I called the Xbox support team and they said me to send it to them for the repair, but I don’t wanted to give them as it would be taking nearly 3 weeks or them to get it repaired. But anyhow I tried to make my mind and then started to pack it up. As it was not fitting in the box properly, I thought of assembling it once again and see whether it would work or not. So I assembled all the parts again and when I tried to ON the console, it was working fine without any issue. So I think you need to disassemble all your parts and then try connecting it once again.

It looks like you are having the old outdated or dead drivers for your Xbox controller. So, if you are having old drivers and want to update it, and then remove the old drivers that you are having. You can remove the driver for your controller from your device manager. After you uninstall the old drivers, install the new drivers and the update it from the official site of the Xbox. Updating your driver will solve all your controller related issues.

If you are using the wireless controller, then see that you are using the AA batteries with fully charged battery. And if you are using the wired controller, then see that your USB cable connected to the console is taking enough power to make your controller work. After you have proper power supply to your controller, then press the Sync button on the controller and you will see a green light appearing in your console and also in your controller.

All I had done is, just press the sync button on the Xbox console for nearly 30 seconds until you see that light turns off or stops spinning. After the light gets turned off, what I did is I removed all the power cables from the Xbox, controllers, and also from the wall charger. I also removed the hard disk from the Xbox console. After sometime I backed up everything, and then connected all the things and now it is working fine.

Thank you guys! I have solved my issue. I had unplugged all the things connected to my Console, and then hooked it again. And now I have also updated my new controller drivers from the Xbox and now I don’t have any problem in connecting my controller to the console. I think the problem was with my controller drivers. So, thank you all guys for all your suggestions as it really helped me out.