Thread: Unable to recover my profile in Xbox 360

Unable to recover my profile in Xbox 360

I am having my Xbox 360 and having some problem with my user account. I have logged all the information correctly, I am also connected to the internet, I am able to access the Xbox Live, and I am not having my new 360 or hard drive it is the same old one. For a while I was using the other Xbox and when I am back with the Gamertag and then try to recover my profile it simply says that “Cannot recover your profile”. Can anyone help me to solve my issue?

Re: Unable to recover my profile in Xbox 360

You can recover your gamer profile, if you are using it on other console. You can do the following steps to recover your gamertag:

• First you need to have the Windows Live ID for the account that you are having for the Xbox.
    • You need to sign-out, if you are using any other gamertag. You can do this by pressing the Guide button on the controller and then press X to get sign-out.
    • After you have signed out, you need to press the Guide button and then select the Recover gamertag.
    • Once again you need to select the recover gamertag
    • After that enter the Windows ID and password again that you want to recover and then follow the instructions that are there in the screen.

You need to clear your cache which is there on your console to which you want to recover the profile. To do this you need to follow the steps below:

• Go to the My Xbox which is there on the dashboard.
    • Then you need to go to the “System settings” page which is there on the last page.
    • From the list you need to select the “Memory” option
    • After highlighting the Hard disk, press the Y form your controller.
    • From that select the clear the update cache option. It will clear all the cache from the memory unit.

After you have completely cleared all your cache, you need to restart you console and then try to recover the profile that you want.

You need to go to the settings and then go to the memory portion and get in to the profiles option and then check from there that are you having any corrupted profile that you are trying to recover or not. If you see that you are having the corrupted account then you need to create a new profile for it or else you can try contacting it to the Xbox support for the help. They will help you in a better way than anyone else.

All you need to do is delete your user account from everywhere, you need to delete it from the MU, Hard disk, and also from the USB drives if any. After deleting your account you need to remove all the cache from your hard disk. This will also remove all your saved games and any updates for your games. After deleting the cache, try to recover your profile. This will not mess up with the things that were stored on the cache memory and also will allow you to recover your old profile.

I think that there must be some connection error with the Windows Live. I think you need to disconnect the router/ modem and then try to connect it once again. After that restart your Xbox, if it does not start then you need to wait for some time and then restart it again. If still it does not start, then there must be some issue with the servers of the Xbox Live. So you can try it again after some time.

Thank you! I have solved my issue after a long time. I just followed the same thing that you had suggested to me and now after deleting and then recovering my profile I got it back. So tank you all the guys for all your suggestions.