Thread: How to change screensaver to be cover of book in Kindle

How to change screensaver to be cover of book in Kindle

I am using the kindle eBook reader and very satisfied with that. I am having some of the doubts about this is in my mind and just wanted to clear that. I want to ask that if it is possible for me to change the screen saver so that it would be the cover of the book that I am reading currently. I don’t have any idea that how can I do this. I searched for this on google but not go the solution for this. If you have any idea about this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the suggestions.

re: How to change screensaver to be cover of book in Kindle

The only way by which you can do this is to hack that and then only you will be able to make any kind of modifications to the screensaver pictures. You will have to do the same. If you want to put on the cover of the book you're reading you would have to make your own .jpg file of it and put it on using the hack. Probably not something you would want to do every time you started a new book. This is the only possible way for this.

I know that way to do that. All you have to do is just go into debug mode and after that turn off the screen-saver. Once you are done with that then you could do a "Go to" to the current book's cover whenever you want to virtually close the book. But there is one question that only you can answer and that is whether it's worth it to you to do that. I hope that this will be useful to you. Reply back if that does not help you.

You should be careful of this because it doesn't just disable the screensaver. It disables sleep mode entirely which could have an impact on your battery life and also means that you can press buttons by accident when you are not using the Kindle. I would love the screensaver to be the current book, but sadly there is no easy way of doing it.

There are a lot of people who use the hack but it can be a bit nerve wracking when you have to blindly follow someone else's instructions, without really knowing what you're doing. As for Amazon and the warranty, many people have reported that Amazon has honored the warranty, so long as the hack isn't what caused the problem. In other words, if your screen cracks they'll replace the Kindle because it isn't caused by the hack. But technically you would be breaking the Amazon terms of service and so there would be no guarantees, especially if the hack itself was the cause of any problem.

Re: How to change screensaver to be cover of book in Kindle

I think a lot of people are perfectly happy that other people that happen to look over their shoulders cannot see the covers of the book they are currently reading.*This is going to leave well enough alone*for me it's not worth the risk just to change the screensaver.* I thought on the K3 you could do that anyway. That's what the Staples sales guy told me - I didn't even buy it there I bought it from Amazon.

Re: How to change screensaver to be cover of book in Kindle

I am one of those that would just hate to have the cover of the book I'm reading as a sleep picture, but putting the hacks on has become more and more involved and I've left them off my K3 since the last update. It's a choice each user needs to make as to whether the default pictures bother them enough to make the effort / take the risk to use the hacks.