Thread: PS3 with new laser/deck don’t read the game disks and eject it

PS3 with new laser/deck don’t read the game disks and eject it

I own a PS3, and having problems with it as it didn’t read the disk, first of all it was not reading the particular disk, but progressively it seems that it is not reading every Disk, so after that I decided to change the lenses of the consoles and I did this some days before, so it was working perfectly, but after some times the same problem happened with me, and this time it not only don’t read the disk but also eject them as I insert any disk in the console. Is there any idea what would be the problem?

Re: PS3 with new laser/deck don’t read the game disks and eject it

I think you have got the problem in the lens itself, nothing more is concern able according to me, and whatever the lens that you have gotten is also not good I think, thus you are having this problem, you should contact the person from whom you have changed this hardware, and I would say you should not change it this way rather in such a cases you should first of all visit the customer support center, and they will make change however they want, and this would not void your warranty as well.

Are you using the logic board from the previous drive? If yes then let me tell you that it’s attached to the exclusive key of your console, and so you just can’t replace it, rather you can have option to replace the laser/sled. And as the above user mentioned don’t do it from any local technician rather you must visit the support center for these.

Sometimes error in the firmware also causes this kind of problems in the console, so I think first of all you need to update the firmware for your console and then only you can figure out that where is the actual problem, otherwise of there is the problem in the lens itself, then it just don’t read the disk, but won’t eject it. And is there any symptoms that you can specify here, because if the disk is not recognized that means either there is some problem in the disk or the lens is damaged for sure.

I would say you should troubleshoot your device, as in your manual there would be a explanation for doing this sp you can go through it. And if suppose you are not getting any thing you can simply update the firmware, as the above user mentioned, but still you can have option as you should reset your console as well, so before updating the device you can try to reset it to its factory default setting. It might be possible that the drive might get damaged, so you need to look after that also.

If you are still getting the same problem, you should try to clean the lenses of your device, though they are new, but still if they are not working then cleaning them is the good practice, you can simply will get the material from the market. as there would be a cleaning disk and a tonic that you have to put it on the disk first and then run it in the console, after doing this you can simply run your all the games disk to it.

According to me the best option would be to contact the customer support, and I think if you have changed the lenses from the outside so the warrantee would be voided already, so need to buy the new one. And I am not sure about the price but, that is the only end from where you’ll get it solved for sure. And If you would be lucky then you’ll get the services for free. And I would like to advice you that you should not keep disk in the system when you turn it off.