Thread: Gamecube memory card jammed on nintendo wii

Gamecube memory card jammed on nintendo wii

Hi, I own a wii and in that once I was playing a game and off course to save the completion stat I had inserted the gamecube memory card in to the slot, but when I was trying to get it out, it was actually jammed in to the slot and wont came outside. I thought I would completely turn off the game and then remove it starting It again, but when I done that, the card was not even readable, no content was appearing.

re: Gamecube memory card jammed on nintendo wii

That’s very awful situation, I haven’t heard any such problem ever, but still I would say apart from getting it out, I would say your memory card is also damaged, or any of the internal hardware must be damaged that’s why it is not able to read any data from the memory card, so I don’t know what is the way to get it out but still I would say you need to purchase a memory card, and first of all your console, otherwise you if you put the card again in to the wii, it will be stuck inside.

I was also having the same problem once, but the another one is really ridiculous as your card is unable to read the content too, according to me you need to check out your console to any technician. And make sure that you repair that slot also, so whenever you put the card inside you can easily get it out without any glitches. I also had hired a technician only, so would recommend you the same as you need to consult any technician.

I am not agree with the above user as you should not give it to any technician rather you can have the option to take it to the support center, because however if you open it from the outside, you may void the warrantee of the product so after that if suppose this problem occurs afterwards, then you cannot visit the support center ever, so why not now I would say. I often visit there only whenever I get any problem.

Hey thanks for the reply guys as it was too helpful and I just went to nearest technician and he told me that the card is also damaged, and now tomorrow going to visit the support for removing it, and as I have to buy the new one, can anyone suggest me from where can I get the card ? I mean to say can I get the same from the shop or I have to buy this from their self only? any idea?

Re: Gamecube memory card jammed on nintendo wii

Well you can have the card from anywhere you want, but as you have mentioned that you are going to the support center, then that would be best option as you purchase the card from there only, because you’ll get the warranty for that card also and the hardware will also get repaired as you go there, but thing is like the device is not able to read the content actually otherwise there is no issue to keep the card inside the slots only.