Thread: How does last page read get stored in Kindle Wi-Fi?

How does last page read get stored in Kindle Wi-Fi?

My father gifted me the Kindle Wi-Fi as that was my birthday. So far I am going well with that but now I am having some question about the Wi-Fi. I want to ask that how does the previous page read get stored? Every time I turn off my Kindle then does my last page read info get stored locally otherwise is it uploaded to Amazon each and every time? If I am reading outside of wifi range I would not want to misplace my last page read information. Thank you for your help in advance.

Re: How does last page read get stored in Kindle Wi-Fi?

I have one suggestion for you and that is, you should always press the home key when you are going to turn that off and when the reading is done. By turning this off, I mean to say that keep that in sleep mode. If you do that then you will find that the last page will be stored locally. Other than this the data will also going to sync with the Amazon if you are having the network connectivity. I hope that will help you to understand the thing.

I am having the wifi version and I like that. Whenever I read through that then I normally have the wifi connection off. I am doing this just to save the battery. The last page that you have seen will be stored to the Kindle because it is made in that way so that it always remembers that. When you go to the menu and tell your Kindle to synch with another Kindle that's when it seems, the last page read info is sent to Amazon and your second Kindle can pick it up.

I am only having the wifi on when I am downloading books. I also don't go back to the home page at the end of reading sessions, and usually just let the kindle go to sleep when it's ready. But I am not reading on multiple devices, so only my Kindle needs to know the last page read and it is doing that in my case. If you have any doubt about that then you can contact to the Amazone support and they will tell you that why it is not working in your case.

The last place read will always be stored locally on your device, so it's good to leave WiFi off if you're not using it at the moment to conserve battery life. As for syncing with other devices, the Last Page Read is sent to Amazon Whispernet when you're connected to WiFi and when you're done reading for the session and you press the home key and exit out of the book you're reading. It also syncs automatically when you put it to sleep, goes to sleep automatically, or specifically tell it to from the menu and you're connected via WiFi. It also syncs automatically when you turn WiFi on.

I do maintain wireless on pretty much every time because I have a blog or two and there are downloads throughout the day/night.* Of course I could turn it off and the downloads would happen once I turn on whisper net but I like to flip to my blog and see the latest (NY Times Latest News Blog). But the only time you'd care to have your last page "known" globally is if you are synching and reading the same book on multiple devices.