Thread: Nintendo wii doesn’t connect through netgear WNDR4000 -N750 router

Nintendo wii doesn’t connect through netgear WNDR4000 -N750 router

Hi I have a wii and I always connect it to browse the internet and for that I was previously using the traditional router but I had recently purchased a new router from netgear WNDR4000 -N750 model, but after installing this router, I am not able to connect wirelessly, as I am having too many glitches while doing these. In other words after changing the router my Wii is no more going to browse Internet. What will be the problem, has anyone have the same device? Please give me the suggestion, any would be appreciated.

re: Nintendo wii doesn’t connect through netgear WNDR4000 -N750 router

Off course this was about to happen as I think you don’t know that after connecting to other devices such as in your case this router, you must have to configure the settings and should make some appropriate changes if needed, and it seems that you haven’t done it yet so you’re having these problem, I recommend you to configure this setting, and as soon as you’ll do this you’ll get the internet connected through the wii.

I am agree with the above user as you should first of all you need to configure those settings, but remember one thing that you should have to make setting in the router as well as in the wii also, as its name and the appropriate IP is needed to be enter. And along with the general settings you need to set some security credentials also, and this all settings you’ll get from the wii’s option menus.

In order to connect to the WIFI, your wii need WEP, but I think WEP security has been uninvolved for 802.11n to connect to WIFI but if suppose you have some another you can make this settings, you can go to the GUI and then select the option for wireless setting in that set the option as 54MBPS, this would work surely if you are using the 802.11g, to connect to the WIFI.

If you are not aware about the settings for the wii you can simply refer to the manual given to you, in that they have mentioned the basic setting that let you connect the device with any router. And if suppose you are not getting anything from there also, you can have option to check their online assist website. There also you’ll find the same thing, but with the online expertise to solve your problem, but as far as I know the manual would be enough, I would suggest you that go through it at least once.

Re: Nintendo wii doesn’t connect through netgear WNDR4000 -N750 router

I think the best option would be to contact the customer support center as they would surely help you to connect your Wii with your router, but as the settings are so easy that you can simply do it on your own also, and according to the WLAN mode you have to choose the options as the above user mentioned, in fact you refer the manual also for the same.