Thread: Getting poor image quality with Amazon Kindle

Getting poor image quality with Amazon Kindle

Is there anyone who has seen any magazines published by Amazon? A reviewer talks regarding high-res photos and extremely clear images within this magazine. I haven't observed some Kindle magazines but pictures within books/blogs are just OK. I have not attempted that with the Kindle intended for the newspapers and I am just wondering that how the images are in these. Is there anyone who has seen some good example of the images? Is this the publisher that selects quality for the image quality?

Re: Getting poor image quality with Amazon Kindle

I would not worry about using anything image heavy through Kindle unless most of the images previously in black and white. Even if you make use of the Kindle for PC otherwise Mac app then the formatting possibly would not be right for magazines. In my case, I would like to utilize Zinio app for my iPad. This is my experience and view regarding this. Let’s wait and see what other people think about this.

I know that in some of the cases the image quality is not very good. This is because the Kindle is having the limited dynamic range and possesses poor resolution for images. I am reading the magazines and for that I am making use of the iPad or Nook Color over my Kindle and that is giving good quality. You can also try that and see if can improve the image quality to some extends or not.

There are some of the magazines which can be subscribed to through the Kindle intended for the iPad or Android apps. They will work well with this device. Other than this the Kindle DX is also superior for the eink device that will do well with the magazines. But you will misplace a few of the 'punch' of the illustrations devoid of color. DX can be considered as good and that is only for the reason that it is bigger and also others are also not having the similar magazine style layout.

There are a few photographs within the book which are not very clear but the magazines are designed to incorporate images and have large, full spread images that wouldn't have the same impact on a small Kindle screen. I wouldn't consider a book with a handful of images to be "image heavy" whereas a magazine usually is. Imagine National Geographic, a magazine world renowned for its imagery, on a Kindle. You'd lose half of its very intent. To be honest, I'm surprised they even make it available for Kindle.

One major issue with the Amazon is that they have to pay for the cost of transmitting those images to your Kindle. Therefore they have obviously got an incentive to reduce the file size. But they newly added a new feature that put me really intrigued. You can now obtain magazine subscriptions for your Kindle which have the pictures in color (which you can view using a Kindle app on an Android Smartphone or tablet. Obviously this suggests Amazon will be releasing a color Android tablet of their own soon, since they're already expanding the content that they'd have available for the device.