Thread: Unable to view Videos/Music from USB in Xbox 360 Slim

Unable to view Videos/Music from USB in Xbox 360 Slim

I am having the Xbox 360 Slim which I have purchased last month and still I don’t face any problem with it. But last night I connected my USB to the Xbox and it also got detected by it. The issue is that though it gets connected it is not able to play the videos and the music which are there in the USB. I am having many of my movies and also some latest music’s in my USB. Is there any reason that my Xbox is not able to play the videos that are in the USB? The video format is .wmv and the audio format is .mp3.

Re: Unable to view Videos/Music from USB in Xbox 360 Slim

I am also having the same issue while playing the video files on my Xbox 360, which are in the .avi files. Earlier I use to put all my stuffs in the pen drive and then plug it in the TV and then watch it watch it over there. But now as I have my Xbox 360 which is having the USB port, then I would like to see the movies through the Xbox, but it does not play the .avi files which were playing well in the TV. The issue that I see is that whenever I get it connected, it says that “No video found”

If you are concerned with playing the videos on your Xbox, then see that Xbox 360 can support a file which is of any size with the format using FAT 32. And if you are trying to play a video through a FAT32 file, and then make sure that it is not more than 4GB as FAT32 can only support a single file of maximum 4GB. So if you have more than that, then try to make it in to different parts.

I have seen that an mp4, wmv and avi file does not work because these types of files are not made for the Xbox 360. So I always use the PCHand Media Converter Pro, this software application is specially made for the Xbox 360. It will help to convert all the file format of your stuffs to the format that is supported by your Xbox 360. So I think you can try using this software and then try to play videos or music on your Xbox 360.

After the updates you have for your Xbox 360 console you will be able to play the .avi files. This avi file support the Divx or the Xvid formats. When you try to play files of this format then you will be asked if you would like to install the update for the multimedia or not. Also you can download the video converter called “Quick Media converter”. This will enable you to convert all the videos to the format that your Xbox can read.

Yes that’s the most common issue that many of the Xbox users face while playing. Even I have gone through the same issue sometime ago and now it got solved for me. The thing is that Xbox can only support the file size of 4GB if you are using the FAT32 format. So I converted the files using the Bigasoft Total Video Converter, I converted the files to the WMV formats. And I also change the resolution before I change the format. This is really working.

There is a simple thing that you need to insert the flash disk or the cd or the DVD and you can browse it through the video library section of the NXE. You can do this by the following steps:
    • You need to start up the Xbox 360
    • Then you need to navigate in the “My Xbox” menu
    • You can scroll and select the videos, picture or the video
    • Then select the “Portable Device”
    • In the next screen you will see the content that you want and then view it.