Thread: How to organize kindle in a better way

How to organize kindle in a better way

Why I cannot organize my Kindle better? Why I cannot have the folders of the authors and open the folder and look for books not? I know you can do collections, but honestly, a lot of work. So I guess my question is: Have I discovered not only how to organize this yet, or there is no simpler way to do it? Also, I just plugged it into my computer, and organize books in the document archive. You know, like an iPod. Am I not really smart enough?

Re: How to organize kindle in a better way

An easy way to make collections to add a collection, and then click the arrow to the right in this collection with the control keys and press add to this collection. Next, open all their books and then you can mark you want to put in that collection. He puts his latest book first so that once again you add new books from the collections are very easy and fast. I would love it if we could sort on the computer so would the first time much easier, but actually once you have everything up and running is not really necessary.

The entire of mine are organized through author, with two additional folders to the "other" that I use for authors who do not know very well and have only one or two books for them, and "classic" in my collection of classics just to keep all them in one place. The first time I organized everything that took about an hour, but I have a few hundred books and a lot of authors to create, now when I buy a book or two dealt only takes a few seconds.

I also organize mine by the author. However, it takes time to set up the first time, but once is easy to add new books to the collection. If you want them organized by the author, why not just display the books sorted by author? I have mine collected differently and cannot find it all that much to add / move the books out there, however I didn't have all that a lot of to start through, as a result it's merely a few at a time to sort out at whatever time I shop.

Another trick that some people use as we cannot do sub-gauge is the use to modify the metadata of the files. Therefore, if organized by the author and wants to organize after the series, which will change the name of each book to begin their series with perhaps the number of the book at the end of the series. Then, in the collection of each author if the title is ordered to be received each series of exposure to books in order.

Thank you guys. So I will have to do collections! I have a lot of books already, and downloaded calibre thinking that if I organize them there, it will be taken over by my kindle as well. Now what about synchronizing like an iPod? Is there a way? It seems that I have more books on my kindle when it is plugged in than when I am browsing on my kindle. Any ideas? Please share your ideas with me. So I can perform this thank you.

I don't think that it works like an iPod, but I could be wrong (I haven't had my Kindle for too long). I sort my books by collection and that seems to be the easiest way for me to sort through things, but then again I haven't built up an extensive library yet. I have my organized by different genres or types of files such as Classic Fiction, Magazines, Technical/Manuals, Games and Applications, My Books, Audiobooks, etc. I found that's the easiest way to find things (putting them in genre collections).