Thread: What is the need of Calibre in kindle?

What is the need of Calibre in kindle?

I'm fairly new to the Kindle, so if this has been answered please point me in that direction. I did a search on this site to calibrate and cannot find my question answered. I have a Kindle 3 and an Apple iMac. I comprise the Kindle application resting on my iMac. I have all my books from Amazon, delivered directly to the K3. I can organize the few books I have so far (10 or 11) through the collections in the K3. So, what caliber and will do it for me? Making life easier?

Re: What is the need of Calibre in kindle?

Calibre is a third party program you can use to organize your library on your computer and keep track of what you read. You are able to utilize it to make a personal backup of your books and you are able to also edit the metadata of the books that list the technique you would like - good if you wish for to show the series within order. And you are able to convert one format to an additional e-book, provided the book has no copy protection.

Calibre and honestly I love I cannot imagine my eBook experience without it. I had a Kindle for two years and as you can guess I have accumulated a fairly large library of electronic books. All the books I have bought even those not purchased from Amazon in the library of my caliber. Gauge keeps me organized the library (my OCD starts here), allows me to convert non-Amazon formats like ePub, PDF, lit to move so I can read the book on my Kindle, and best of all, driving my collections.

I tried it and really do not see the point. No need to backup Kindle books as they are already back up to Amazon's servers. In addition, you are able to simply utilize a backup of a DRMed Kindle book on top of the similar device as a backup not including the device resting on the right is useless anyway. I think Gauge is only useful if you have a lot of Kindle e-book not from other sources, especially non-DRMed ebooks. I have a handful, but not really enough to need an organizing tool as the gauge.

One of the best features is the ability to gauge changing the way the authors are on my Kindle. I hate seeing those given name and surname. So I use Calibre to change to last name, first name. I also make use of Calibre to trace the source (Amazon, Manybooks, etc), cost, category Kindle, reading date, and if a person is able to read the file (as in the case of Gutenberg Baen) or is my K only. We can imagine managing my library without it.