Thread: Kindle to read screenplays

Kindle to read screenplays

Are there Kindle holders who vigorously read screenplays on their Kindle? I presently read my Kindle books on my iPhone and Mac. They are not perfect, so I have been thoughts about picking up a Kindle for myself. I am hopeful screenwriter and have lots of friends from film school writing scripts. I would like to load quite a lot of pdf screenplays onto a Kindle in its place of dragging them around in a backpack (or reading them off my PC). Anyone have any idea on this?

Re: Kindle to read screenplays

I do! I read scripts on my Kindle. In fact, I specifically I have the DX because he had read the reviews at Amazon to handle screen DX format best screenplay. I've never used any other eReaders, and I cannot comment on whether the DX is better than another brand / size, but is very good at DX. And I can tell you that weight is a pleasure and not a pile of scripts with me everywhere - just drag and drop on the Kindle!

I tried in the Kindle 2i and nope. Scripts stay in the format, but the lyrics are very small, even when you turn the Kindle. The new update is supposed to provide the ability to zoom in and out. I hope that fixes the problem, but for now, the Kindle 2 is not for scripts! You save a lot of paper and I can easily go into landscape mode, while in the set. It also makes my life easier as you continue the dialogue of the actors and script supervising the filming.

I know a film company (I mean it's the Lion's Gate) is using DX for his scripts for people in their movies now. So I guess if it's good sufficient for them. I would definitely use a DX though. By comparing the reading as something Aristophanes or Homer in a K2 and the DX was a clear winner. There are spaces twice as many among the general bits of dialogue that make it so the K2 will not only show that both the screen.

The producer who works for us Kindle 2i specifically to reduce paper waste for a number of scripts we have read daily, but the type is too small in pdf and text-script document formatting problems resulting in annoying, so none of us really use it for scripts. I hope the new 2.5 upgrade zoom pdf scripts will be read. Anyway, I never thought about buying a Kindle me, and I have to say is one of my favorite gadgets ever-and I love gadgets. I love reading books on the Kindle.

No, I can make notes on the scripts for reading. That's a big drawback. If I'm working on a script development I have to make notes, I have yet to print a copy. And no, you can send notes to nowhere - I do not think there's any e-mail functionality in DX. The web browser is so rudimentary as to be almost worthless. I am also surprised that you can use a Kindle for monitoring script! All supervisors’ script I've seen is constantly taking notes about the changes of time and the line in the set.

Beware eReaders scripts - no matter if it's Kindle, Nook PDFs, etc. do not flow well. Upon creating your account, you would in an editor like ePub Sigil, and then upload to a file .EPub. There is a small learning curve, but life is sweet. I have a SP in Book Nook B & N store (just for everyone: a comedy, Books Illyria), I have uploaded to PubIt as RTF; it was a long, long time to iron out the wrinkles.