Thread: Can we put pdf files on Amazon Kindle

Can we put pdf files on Amazon Kindle

I am gravely thoughts about purchasing the Kindle. I just download and read magazines and additional e-books (not from the Kindle store, from other websites) by utilizing Adobe Reader on my laptop. Will I be able to interpret these PDF magazines or books with the Kindle too? I ask because I am not certain if it permits files excluding what come from the Kindle store. So anyone have any idea on this?

Re: Can we put pdf files on Amazon Kindle

Kindle (1, 2 and DX) wireless devices identify digital books in .azw, .txt, or .prc format. Therefore, in sequence to view PDF files on your Kindle device, you have to adapt or change those to a format documented by it. This can be prepared in two ways:

1. Emailing the PDF to Amazon, where later than an adaptation into the AZW format it will be sent to the Kindle tool.
    2. Converting the PDF on your PC to AZW and moving it after wise to the Kindle tool.

The Kindle shows PDF files locally. BUT, the majority of PDF intended best design on a sheet of 8.5x11. Since the Kindle's screen is just a 6-inch diagonal, many people find it too small to be useful. There are 'bread' and options 'zoom', but are not ideal. PDF is working much better in the Kindle larger, the DX model, due to the big screen. Now, if the PDF is basically the text and not copy protected in any case can be converted to kindle format, which will change the font size, making notes, etc., but you'll lose any specific design and layout if non-text elements such as tables and charts, conversion is problematic.

I just have completed both:
    1. Converted to .mobi with Calibre. It generally twists out well sufficient for narrative, but not all the time ideal. It is a dreadful alternative if its non-fiction containing any kind of tables, graphs or pictures. Then it totally spoils formatting.
    2. While choice 1 doesn't work correctly, I just load it straight to the Kindle utilizing the USB cord. After that I twist it into landscape. In my knowledge this makes it readable, but the font is very small for comprehensive reading. It works well sufficient for me for reference documents though, mainly as it is at a standstill searchable.

I am reading a PDF e-book at the time of my Kindle - and I discovered a trick that really helps. I use the "source" to change the screen orientation to "landscape" every time I'm reading my PDF file. Then I change the zoom level PDF to "stretch to fit" - as there are now more horizontal screen space for each line. This makes fonts bigger - big enough to really read them. Yes, it can be difficult to read a PDF file on the Kindle. But if you're willing to give a couple of things, you can probably do the job!

Here I just wish to add something in this case. The good news is that you can. It was a real godsend for me to find this. I found something special for a charity which provided a USB flash drive with PDFs of all my novels, plus two who were in first draft form, as a reward. I am surprised that enough people have Kindle or corners that such gift was possible!