Thread: Does anyone read both kindle and physical books?

Does anyone read both kindle and physical books?

I am still confused which is the good one, physical book or kindle. Both have many advantages and disadvantages. Thus the day when I bought Kindle I mostly use this device to read books and news papers and I really enjoy reading books from Kindle. It’s a good experience. But I also enjoy hardcovers. Thus I like both of them so what the other’s feel. Do they like both or anyone of them? Please do post your comments.

Re: Does anyone read both kindle and physical books?

Most of my leisure reading on the Kindle is also occasionally get a paper book from the library. I have read lots of books and specialized magazines for work, and above all stick with paper books and print PDF files, and I need to be able to easily mark and quickly browsing in teaching or reference them in my own articles. The main advantage of the Kindle is the weight so I'd rather switch than physical books.

I do not think I bought a physical book since I have my Kindle in March. I'm sure he still rarely, but I have the intention to only buy my favorite authors in your pocket or hardcover from now. For everything else, the Kindle will have no problem. It is usually cheaper and comes with the problem of shelf space is not sufficient. I have my mom a Kindle for her birthday and she said recently (while looking at used paperbacks) that does not dare to buy something in paperback now she has a Kindle.

At least half the books I read are copies of the library. I've been an avid user of the library most of my life and I honestly could not imagine giving it up. And I love books, I like to keep, flip pages back and forth when I want to get something and sometimes look at the final.
    However, I read a lot. For me to lug books rental, waiting rooms, work to read on my lunch hour or two events / places where I know I have the time or get bored with the activity is not feasible. So the Kindle is my choice when I want to have books available, but did not bother with weight or space to take several books.

There is also a factor $ $. Most of my Kindle books are gifts or a very reasonable price. Best-sellers and books in Kindle format can be expensive to collect in the library only make sense to me. The Kindle will not replace books for me, but when you want multiple titles, light and convenience, the rules kindle! Exactly what I mean is that both books have their advantages, and I read them. So I think physical books are better at least for me.

I have not read a copy of a book since I have my Kindle, but I'm not denying them altogether. There are several books I read are not currently available on the Kindle, so I'll go to the library to check out. I enjoy reading on my Kindle, but I cannot imagine myself having a problem reading in both hard copy and on my Kindle. Besides some of the books I want are more expensive than your Kindle in paperback version, so it is likely to pick up the paperback version of those books.

Usually ebooks these days, if the title is not available as an eBook, printing is fine by me, but the ebook is my preference. I've also been replacing a lot of printed books with electronic books when possible, and the more backlist is available I will take it almost as far as I can. There are some plans to keep titles in print, regardless of its availability as electronic books, but I can almost see a time when the wife and reduced to about 4 shelves or less.