Thread: Did you ever see people having Kindle often in public places?

Did you ever see people having Kindle often in public places?

Well I think compared to other latest devices and smart phones like iPhone and tablets, Kindles are quite an older device which hardly people in this world use. Kindle is especially only a reader which provides you to read various pages and documents whereas iphones, tablets, smart phones can be used to read, write make calls and provide many amazing features that neglects the use of Kindles. Thus I don’t think that I have seen any kindles. Do you people have seen any of them?

Re: Did you ever see people having Kindle often in public places?

Now that you mention it, ever. And most of the conversations I have with people who do not own Kindle reveal that do not quite understand what kind of device it is. They are always surprised that they have a cover with a light to him, because he imagined as a kind of really funky iPhone can only be used to read books. Once you start talking about e-ink, I can say I've really lost and I start tuning out.

I think most people do not read much in general. I would be interested in knowing what people in major metropolitan areas, who travel by public transport, are watching. I have also seen out in Kindle in only a small handful of times in public. I recently had a jury and was surprised to see a single Kindle without mine, of course, or other electronic readers on the day I was there. I saw a lot Cases and laptops, however.

I stay in NY City subway and see people reading Kindle on the subway some times a week. Cases also see almost every day. I'm still a little nervous about reading the Kindle on the subway (especially after reading here about someone Scarlet think?) With a recently snatched from his hands on the subway. The last time I saw Kindle was, the woman who sat next to me was reading a Kindle. I've absolutely noticed an increase in mass transit use from K3 Kindle came out.

The only time I've ever seen a Kindle in public was when I was on a plane bound for Orlando. I know other people in Idaho they have, and I've heard of them but I think my mother and I are the only really out of the house. Basically there are not many fans of reading in this world they are. In fact, today are frowned upon by society. Before I had my own kindle always asking me to look. To be honest, however, only take my Kindle with me when I know for a fact I'll be waiting a long time somewhere. No wonder I have not seen very often in public.

I used to take my K3 with me all the time in my bag, but when I switched to a smaller bag and had no space for the K3. If I'm away from home and feel the need to read that usually just use the application on my phone Kindle android, or sometimes one of my android mp3/tablets Archos if I have one with me. I see people reading all the time. I have no idea that it is frowned upon, for not reading War and Peace in the food line to pay.

I think in general people really read a lot more than before and part of that is the convenience of electronic devices such as readers, smart phones and Tablet PC. Every time I go from the bus or subway around here I see a lot of people who read: some traditional books / magazines / newspapers - or clearly documents related jobs - but more and more often you are using electronic devices. Once on the bus that drove past a line of people waiting for a particular bus, and had at least five e-readers and several more on the use of smart phones. There is no "looking down" I have observed.