Thread: Inbox Capacity of LG GR500R is reducing

Inbox Capacity of LG GR500R is reducing

I have an LG GR500R mobile phone from past 3-4 months. It was working well at the start of the purchase. But gradually with time I have noticed that the inbox capacity of my mobile has been decreasing. In the beginning I was able to store more than 100 messages in my mobile phone’s message inbox but now I have noticed that the maximum capacity of the messages stored in the inbox has reduced to about 50-60 messages only. Can anyone tell me what must be causing this issue? And what should I do inorder to solve the problem.

Re: Inbox Capacity of LG GR500R is reducing

I am not sure but there are chances that the memory of your mobile phone i.e. your phone memory is getting filled up very quickly and in regards to that your phone is not clearing out the deleted or unknown items from your phone memory properly. Hence, the older files are still stored in your phone and are occupying the space of your phone memory. Thus, in this case, you need to delete the unwanted files and folders from your phone memory and release those extra spaces.

As you have talked about the Inbox space getting deducted with time, I feel that before you were able to store messages in your LG GR500R cellphone because the messages where just 1 pages messages. But now, may be you are receiving more then one page messages, like 2-3 page messages and those big messages might be occupying the extra space in your phone memory, thus reducing the total number of messages stored in the inbox of your mobile phone. I am not confirm that this is the reason but it can be one reason as well

In order to get rid of the problem, I would recommend you to clear the phone memory completely. You can do so by doing reset in your LG GR500R mobile phone. Resetting the phone will remove all the data store in the phone memory and make the space available for future usage. Also one more tip if you wish to increase the phone memory of your mobile. You should make sure that you have stored all the contacts in your SIM card and not your Phone. This will save a pretty good amount of Phone memory.

You will be required to perform Master Reset in order to clear the phone memory completely. Before doing the same, you should make sure that you have taken back-up of all the necessary data so that you have get them back if something wrong happens. When you are doing the Master reset, your phone will ask you to enter the Security code. Enter the Security cord, the default one if you haven’t changed the security code ever.

Thank you, guys for posting your quality suggestions in my post. It was so kind and thoughtful of you to do so. I really appreciate the efforts made by each one of you guys. I am trying to follow the methods which you people have suggested in the above post. But I got stuck in the middle of something. I am unable to find the Security code of the phone which I am using. Does anyone know where I can find the security code inorder to complete the process? Please help me people.

I am not sure whether the security code is right or not but you can try inserting the last 4 digits of your phone number and check whether the security code works or not. You should follow this only if you haven’t set any security code by yourself in past. If you have then you should use that password. Also if nothing seems to be working then you should call the customer care of your service provider and get all the required security code and pin number from them. They will be providing you with all the necessary details only after you have verified your personal details and the details mentioned for the SIM card holder to them.