Thread: Received an Error message "The device cannot be opened because another program is currently using it" in LG PC Suite IV

Received an Error message "The device cannot be opened because another program is currently using it" in LG PC Suite IV

I have installed LG PC Suite IV in my XP Professional and when I connect my LG 500 it always gives me an error message and then there is no connection. I have installed Installation file which is LG_PCSuiteIV_Setup.exe 109214kb. But still I don’t see any connection in it. Has anyone else faced the same issue? I would be thankful for all your responses.

re: Received an Error message "The device cannot be opened because another program is currently using it" in LG PC Suite IV

Yes that’s the true thing that sometimes you get an error message while opening something saying that the other program is currently using it. So you need to stop all the process that all running with the name that you want to open. After stopping or terminating all the processes related to the thing that you want, then you can try opening it once again. This will surely help you out to solve your issue.

re: Received an Error message "The device cannot be opened because another program is currently using it" in LG PC Suite IV

Yes I had the same problem that was saying me that device cannot be opened as it is used by another program. I tried to reconnect it several times and then found that, it was a software issue and nothing else. So I reinstalled the LG PC Suite and then installed it again, and now I don’t see any problem with it. So I think you need to do the same by reinstalling the software once again.

If I see any such problems, then I remove the phone and then try connecting in with the other port in the computer. This will probably solve your issue and also if you are trying to move the device from one USB port to another port, then you need to stop the device before removing it. Otherwise it may sometimes keep running and when you connect it with another port then you would get the similar message that you have mentioned.

I think you need to uninstall the LG PC Suite IV completely from your system and also clean all the registry entries related with it. After that you can download the new and updated LG PC Suite IV form the official site of LG. after you download the new software, you need to install it. After the installation is complete you can now connect your phone with the LG PC Suite and then synchronize whatever you want.

Have you tried connecting it with any other system or laptop and see that it is working or not? If NO, then try to connect your phone to some other system and see whether you are still getting any errors or not. If you are not getting any errors then, there is a problem in the software that you have installed in your system. Otherwise, there is an issue with the connectivity settings in the phone.

Re: Received an Error message "The device cannot be opened because another program is currently using it" in LG PC Suite IV

Thank you guys for all your suggestions, I have solved the issue by simply downloading the new PC Suite for my LG phone from LG website. Now I am able to connect my phone with the computer and also I don’t get any error message. This really worked for m, so I think that other people who are facing the same problem can use this method.