Thread: How can I remove Archive section of memory?

How can I remove Archive section of memory?

I have downloaded some books and do not want or tried to delete that. When I downloaded that then I found that the system places the books into the Archive and now I am not able to delete that in any way. I cannot understand that what I should do now. I now need to delete that but cannot do it. It’s very irritating to have that as I do not want that anymore. Someone please suggest me something that how can I remove that. Thank you.

Re: How can I remove Archive section of memory?

I would like to tell you that it is not possible for you to do that. This is because it is not the normal memory. The archive gets stored in the Amazon's servers and that is the reason that you are not able to delete that. It is nothing but the list of things you have bought/downloaded from them and that currently exist on your Kindle. This is because if you want then you will be able to download that again without any problem. I hope that now you understood that why this cannot be deleted.

If you want then you can simply go to the Amazon and from there you will be able to manage your kindle content. If you want then you can also delete the book. But before doing that, I would like to tell you that if you delete that from there and in future you need that again then you will have to pay for that and then only you are going to get that. This is the reason that it is not getting deleted from there and that’s for you convenient.

Theory for the Amazon is that they do not wish to make it so simple to accidentally delete a book you really meant to keep. Therefore if you buy a book and realize right away you don't want it then you will have seven days to request for the refund. Send an e-mail indicating the order number and/or contact them using 'call me back' in Kindle Customer Support. You will get the refund of your money. So it’s a good thing that Amazon is having and I like that.

I agree with the above post but if it is more than 7 days then you can make use of the section “manage your Kindle” but note that you are not going to get the refund for your money. Anyway you will also get many of the warning if you try to delete that. And you will have to accept them all in order to delete that. But please read out all the warning messages carefully before deleting them. I hope you will do that easily.

If you are not able to delete that in any way then you can simply contact to the Amazon support and ask them about this. They will tell you that how you will be able to do that and also what are the losses that you will have to face after that. This is the best way to get the answer. But I don’t think that you will have to do that if you go through the suggestions already posted above.