Thread: Kindle 3 cannot recognize Wi-Fi

Kindle 3 cannot recognize Wi-Fi

I am having the Kindle 3 and it is working very fine. The only problem that I am getting from it is that it is not able to connect to the Wi-Fi. Whenever I try to do any search on that then it just shows me the message that says no connection. There is no problem with the 3G connection. I tried with all the possible settings that I know to get it resolved but it all fails. So I am posting this over here so that I can get some suggestion from you people and can solve this issue. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Kindle 3 cannot recognize Wi-Fi

I think that you are out of the Wi-Fi range and because of that it is not able to connect to the Wi-Fi network. So before moving to anything else, you will have to verify that you are in the wifi network and if you are not then it is simply not possible that you will get connected to the wifi. You can check with some other wifi enabled device that if it is getting connected. If that also cannot connect then it is not the problem with your device, It is because of the weak connection.

I know that there are very less chances of that but it is possible that the cover which you are using for your kindle is causing the problem for you. So, if you want to make it sure then you can take your kindle out of the cover and then try to connect that. If the problem was because of the cover then after removing the cover, your issue will be resolved. I am telling you this because it was the case when I was getting somewhat similar problem and removing the cover resolves the issue for me.

If you are having the Wi-Fi only Kindle and you turn on wireless (Menu > Turn on Wireless) then your Kindle will only be able to connect if you are within range of a wi-fi hotspot or a home network. Once you hook up (Menu > Settings > Wi-fi Settings) the Kindle will memorize that connection as well as pick it up mechanically at any time you are inside range. If you desire then you can also tell the Kindle to not recall a connection and it won’t utilize it again.

If you encompass a Wi-Fi and 3G model then when you turn wireless on, it will regularly connect to 3G first earlier than it finds a Wi-Fi connection. If there is a sturdy Wi-Fi signal offered, already known to your Kindle, the delay in finding it is often only a few seconds. If it can find both, the Kindle will use the Wi-Fi connection for preference. Generally this is a good thing, as most users find Wi-Fi is quicker and more reliable. If for any reason you prefer to use 3G, you will have to tell your Kindle to 'forget' the Wi-Fi connection.

The interior wiring of the DX is not designed to run a light. *The question comes up because some of the early K3 covers caused shorts which meant the device would spontaneously restart. *The problem covers were usually the ones without a light. If you are with the connection problem then my best proposal is to accomplish a soft restart through the menu: *menu > settings > menu > restart. *If the difficulty cannot be removed after that then you can try to do the hard reset through sliding as well as holding the switch for 30-40 seconds in anticipation that the device restarts.